icon

2011 jeep liberty monitors

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
fosgate24360 
Copper - Posts: 104
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 23, 2014 at 10:34 PM / IP Logged  
Just had a question or problem I guess with my tv screens in the Jeep. I have an in dash Kenwwod dvd with no issues at all. Two headrest tvs, which have a very faint what I will call flicker issue. Being the both have scrolling lines going horizontally. I also have one of those rearview mirrors with built in tv which is the main culprit...again the scrolling lines horizontal very faint. But when I turn up the tunes and the bass hits, the rearview mirror tv is sometimes ridiculous with a flickering issue. Im pretty sure it has something to do with the voltage. As for rest of system, all I put in was a Fosgate 1500bd which running 2 ohms for 1725 watts. I know the alternator is way to small for this amp but plan on putting in another battery and isolator soon which may help on the matter. Also just did a big 3 upgrade but still have light dim issues with bass hits. Any help/info greatly appreciated thx.
oldspark 
Gold - Posts: 4,913
Gold spacespace
Posted: March 24, 2014 at 4:06 AM / IP Logged  
It sounds like insufficient conductor size or shared supply paths.
Ensure the video grounds are commoned and independent of amps and other loads. (Hence why many power such loads direct off the battery with their own fusing, and relay if needing to be IGN controlled etc).
The burp light dimming can be due to the same, or slowness or undersize of the alternator.
Whenever the load exceeds the alternator output capability (at whatever RPM), the system voltage will dip.
The same happens with a dual battery setup, but extra burps have smaller sags usually due to the 2nd battery being AGM and hence half the interal resistance (hence half the voltage-drop) compared to equivalent capacity wet/cranking batteries.
If you want to prevent headlight dips during burps, place a small battery else cap across the headlights.
If you want to retain voltage amp voltage, the battery goes near the amp.
And the alternator should be sized to be able to supply you typical maximum load, else reasonably recharge the battery(s) before trip end (eg, to at least 90% capacity).
And check out the UIBI aka charge-light controlled relay before you buy any voltage sensing battery isolator. (And forget about diode isolators!!!)
fosgate24360 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 24, 2014 at 8:25 AM / IP Logged  
I did have the mirror monitor grounded where the radio and my other backup cam shared a ground, along with where I grounded the wire of the kenwood head unit(park brake wire) so I can see video while vehicle is moving. Also, the same ground spot as 2 of the ground wires needed for the vehicle specific wire harness/bypasses. I removed the mirror ground and tried another spot to no avail.
fosgate24360 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 09, 2014 at 9:20 AM / IP Logged  
Also just noticed a thumping noise from the subs when I first start off driving....the auto door locks will trigger and lock at 10 mph and when that happens, I get the thumping on the subs. Is this the cause of a bad ground?
fosgate24360 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 21, 2014 at 10:38 PM / IP Logged  
just wanted to say, figured out the thumping/door locking annoyance problem...grounded to radio chasis and all is solved, even the rearview monitor flickering issue. thx for all the advice prior though, love this site for needing advice/trouble shooting.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic