icon

speaker cutting in, not out?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Steven6095 
Copper - Posts: 74
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 01, 2014 at 10:31 PM / IP Logged  
Hello everyone. Sorry I'm not around much. Just not a lot of time to devote to car audio. :(
A few years ago everyone here was a huge help in helping me design the system in my 05 Mustang, but I am having a problem now.
When I first turn the system on, the left side front woofer is playing at an extremely low volume. Not 100% clear, but not bad. Just very low. Tweeter is fine, so is the mid bass woofer also in the door.
Problem is staying with the same door, I have switched interconnects, not a fade issue, etc.
If I fade over to that side and crank the volume, all of a sudden the speaker starts working great and will continue to work fine throughout the entire volume range.
If I turn the system off and back on, sometimes it is fine, sometimes I have to do the volume all the way up trick again.
Anytime I leave the car sit for over night or even a few hours, I have to fade over and crank the volume to "unstick" the speaker or whatever in the heck it is doing.
Once it kicks in, it is fine and will play perfectly for hours on end.
I don't recall the exact model, but the speakers are 2005 MB Quart premium components. All off a Eclipse amp. Doesn't seem to be the amp either, but I am open to any and all suggestions.
I have not taken the door off yet. Thought I may get some advice from the pros before I do so.
Thoughts???
Thank you all very very much.
Steven
itsyuk 
Silver - Posts: 505
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 01, 2014 at 11:59 PM / IP Logged  
a friend had an issue like this once on a set of well worn components in a door. the spiders had gotten what i would call "saggy".
we unbolted the woofer and rotated it 180 degrees and then it played fine. he never had problems from it again.
i cant remember the the brand but i do remember the woofer cones were mass loaded looking much like early 1990s dahlquist 2way home speakers with 8 inch woofs.
yuk
quiet rural missouri, near KC.
If your system moves you physically and not emotionally, you have wasted your money.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic