icon

14 ram, metra axxess interface not workin

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mechjames 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: April 01, 2014 at 11:14 PM / IP Logged  
Hi, this is my first time doing an install in a vehicle that needs a RAP interface.
I have a 2014 Ram 1500 and i'm using the XSVI-6523-NAV kit.
I have done all the wiring, with heat shrink connectors. I have checked all connections for continuity. I have 12V at the constant. I am not getting a 12V ignition trigger from the axxess box. Ground is good.
I followed the instructions and turned the key on for 30 seconds, because it says the axxess box needs to program to my truck. Then I should be able to turn it off and on again, and the radio should power on.
I checked the two wires (I guess they're canbus/powernet data wires?) I pick up 2V on them.
I have plugged in the axxess box and double checked with their web updater program. It had version 1.9 and it reloaded version 1.9 on it. It still doesn't work.
I've looked at some youtube videos, and apparently this black box has a couple of lights that should come on? I am not getting any lights coming on.
Is this box hooped? Has anyone had this happen? From looking at pictures, there seems to have been two versions of the XSVI-6523-NAV kit the last couple of years. One with a long rectangle connector, and one that shares the same connector as the Steering wheel control connector. I have the one that shares the connector with the steering wheel controls.
Thanks
-James
The radio does not power on.
racerjames76 
Silver - Posts: 581
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 02, 2014 at 12:05 PM / IP Logged  
Assuming you have solid connections (that you made) it sounds like that unit may be defective. At this point in time the only way to test this theory is to try another unit. I am told that if the radio is not present on the CAN BUS it can cause soft trouble codes (check engine light off but with codes stored). This obviously is not an issue until a dealer/mechanic goes to do work on the vehicle. There are sources in the vehicle that will provide switched 12v.
To master and control electricity is perfection. *evil laugh*

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic