icon

failsafe led wiring

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
oldspark 
Gold - Posts: 4,913
Gold spacespace
Posted: April 28, 2014 at 3:37 PM / IP Logged  
What are you using to drive the generator?
Presumably you are talking about a permanent magnet generator or typical rotor controlled generator in which case its output will be (pure) sinewave. However its load may change that shape.
If you are saying your motor/generator consumes 1.56A @ 12V (and 800RPM?) it probably won't produce more than 1.5A @ 800RPM.
And if 1.5A @ 12V (18W) output at 800RPM it'll be a max of 1.5A @ 22.5V (33.75W) output at 1500RPM. (The voltage versus current can be jiggled by various means, but not the max power.)
If by unity you mean efficiency (as opposed to power factor), you will never get above unity efficiency without tapping into some external energy source. For example, the up-to 300% efficiency of a heat pump (ie - reverse-cycle air conditioner used for heating) is thanks to the atmosphere acting as a heat source, but as a closed system it is - as always - equal to or less than 100% efficient. It's like how keeping a fridge door open to cool a house will heat the house even more - unless you place its condensor outside.
You won't gain energy or power by driving a generator from an electric motor. If putting a fan (wind generator) on a car roof to generate electricity, you'd use less fuel by tapping into the alternator.
We cannot create energy or power, merely convert it. EG - fusion to solar radiation to photosynthesis to generate trees & oxygen; nuclear, fossil, solar or trees etc to heat to electricity; etc.
Even super-conduction makes merely 100%/unity efficiency possible.
Even "free" energy by running a cart with alternator down a hill will cost more energy to get it back up the hill. It's fine if it's you or an animal or water or wind or solar etc that gets the cart back up the hill, but a definite loss if using it's own generated electricity to do it.
To paraphrase again - to go above unity means tapping into another source. Hence generator windings would have to be able to use solar radiation; or electronic tunnelling from where ever; or singularities or wormholes - probably to other universes; etc.
I hope the above makes sense, and I hope I understand what you are trying to do.
You will not get greater than unity in a closed system.
Even if you manage a (closed) unity system, you'll probably get a Nobel Prize.
rkdmm 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: May 05, 2014 at 11:09 AM / IP Logged  
You understand completely. As I am limited as to what I can do physically this gives me something to think about and build in doors. Not looking for any prizes, unity or over unity. As for wormholes I'll leave them in the garden. I honestly do not know How I started this project but the more answers I could not find the more intrigued I became. Now I am here, flying a kite with no wind. Never though this would be a field I would be interested in until I tried to understand something. Until now I've being living a life of blissful ignorance. I have figured out how to make a multiple voltage step down from 12V to needed supply (buying them is of no learning value at all) and how to build a IR photo-transistor break-beam sensor. It's as you said before , I'm fishing in a dry creek (and I know it) but I have come this far and do not intend to stop until I have learned Something. Maybe after all is said and done I can make a auto water filler circuit for the coffee maker. What could be more useful and useless at the same time other than knowing that you yourself took the time to learn something, understand it and then make it function as intended. My project, what better way to start understanding loss and gain with a bit of physics throw-en in just to mess things up. Its a challenge to learn, that's all. Now to make up these parts and move on to the next solution. I must say it has been a long time since I have met some one who actually belongs with Tesla and not a "wanna-be" that just speaks over head lingo. Be well.
oldspark 
Gold - Posts: 4,913
Gold spacespace
Posted: May 05, 2014 at 11:28 AM / IP Logged  
Indeed, Tesla was great - IMO greater than those that worked with Patents that happened to be married to a brilliant wife, and not to mention modern short-sighted physicists in their own time. Not that I'm anywhere near Tesla's ability...
But cool. I was worried you were one that thought they could crack perpetual motion or energy gain using conventional means.
I got into electronics etc as a means of solving problems. Usually the solution came first, then the education or detail. IMO that was an advantage because no one told me the stuff I built was impossible - until after I had built them, but by them it was too late for them (tho some say it was too early for me...).
Best wishes.
May you enjoy the trip.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic