icon

keyless entry has me beat

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
subaman 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: April 07, 2014 at 6:34 PM / IP Logged  
Hi, I looked through to vehicle guides on the site but nothing seems to match my wire colours, maybe because my car is for the Aus market and is wired differently, I am trying to install a basic Keyless entry system into my 1995 Subaru Liberty(Legacy) and it has me beat, I have aquired the factory actuator and harness for the drivers door and is all in , fitted and working, the car runs a very basic one (white)wire setup that is either earthed or not earthed for LOCK and UNLOCK. I can get it to either lock, or unlock with my remote but I cannot for life of me figure out how to get it to do both with the system I have. Is anybody able to please tell me what wires need to be connected according to the diagrams below before I give up completely.
Thanks in advance.
KEYLESS UNIT DIAGRAM
keyless entry has me beat -- posted image.
My factory door wiring diagram
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 07, 2014 at 8:42 PM / IP Logged  

Not sure with your diagrams / OZ Subie, but does the Knob-Lock Switch physically move / change position when the doors Lock or

Unlock?  Meaning that it is not just a momentary pulse that cause the door locks to switch to the other state.  If it functions
like a door lock knob ( plunger ), then a steady open on the "W" wire is one position ( Unlock, perhaps ) and a steady
Ground on the "W" wire is the other position ( Lock, possibly ).   Once we know how this knob functions, we can supply wiring.

Soldering is fun!
subaman 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 07, 2014 at 9:37 PM / IP Logged  
Hi thanks for the reply, Below is the photo of the one I removed from the drivers door,it is just the standard door lock latch on the drivers door that mechanically moves the switch position down inside the door, the one I replaced it with is exactly the same only it has the electric actuator on it. When you move the door lock it stays in the position you put it in. If I earth the white wire, the doors unlock, and if I take the earth off, they lock again.
DOOR LOCK SWITCH
OOOR LOCK MECHANISM
howie (aka: harryharris)
Silver - Posts: 355
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 07, 2014 at 11:42 PM / IP Logged  
It's a one wire ground (earth) and open circuit, not as the OP described.
Show us what the individual lock wires in your first diagram do, I'll show you how to wire it.
Orange, white, yellow/ORANGE / black, WHITE/ black and yellow/black.
Functions of the above should be listed.Normally closed, normally open etc.
Test before boxing up.
subaman 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 07, 2014 at 11:51 PM / IP Logged  
Thats it as far as the wiring diagram goes sorry, "made in China" keyless entry unit and thats all it came with just to make it a little more confusing. Is there some way I can test them with the trusty multimeter lol
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 08, 2014 at 12:22 AM / IP Logged  
Ok, here's a test procedure, test the unit run yellow and yellow black to ground, orange and ORANGE / black should then be continuous. A.K.A. NC
The white and white black should have no connection, A.K.A. NO
If so, proceed as follows.
1) Locks on grounding vehicle WHITE
Orange not connected.
White to vehicle white.
Yellow to ground (earth).
Cut vehicle lock wire.
ORANGE / black to car side.
WHITE/ black not connected.
Yellow/black to door side.
2) Unlocks on grounding vehicle WHITE
Orange to vehicle side of cut vehicle white wire.
White not used.
Yellow to door side side of cut vehicle white.
ORANGE / black not connected.
WHITE/ black to vehicle white wire.
Yellow/black to ground.
Test before boxing up.
subaman 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 08, 2014 at 12:51 AM / IP Logged  
Thank you so much for your help, the day is almost done here, I have printed it out and will give that a try first up tomorrow morning and will post back with the results.
Thanks again
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 08, 2014 at 12:52 AM / IP Logged  
That's OK, just finishing breakfast here in the UK, another miserable wet day.
Test before boxing up.
racerjames76 
Silver - Posts: 581
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 08, 2014 at 8:20 AM / IP Logged  
As usual I may only be adding confusion here, but isn't this the type of lock system that it is easier to add a new actuator to the drivers door? You would have your relays controlling the new actuator that when it moved the drivers door lock, the car would then take over for the rest of the doors?
To master and control electricity is perfection. *evil laugh*
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 08, 2014 at 8:29 AM / IP Logged  
Not normally, I'd have just looked at the circuit diagram and tested the white wire at the timer without opening up the door. I'm being a smartarse because I'd already worked on a similar vintage UK model early 90s and I remembered it because that was the first time I came across and worked out the method.
Test before boxing up.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic