icon

keyless entry has me beat

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
subaman 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: April 08, 2014 at 6:34 PM / IP Logged  
I am just about ready to admit defeat, I cant seem to get any wire to remain open or closed, all they seem to want to do is send a pulse for some reason.
subaman 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 08, 2014 at 7:10 PM / IP Logged  
I think my best option is going to be setting it up using the positive and negative trigger system, I can get it to attempt to trigger the actuator in the door doing this, but it doesn’t have enough power to work it so setting it up with relays should work I think, so now to try and find a wiring diagram showing how to do that and I think it will might work as intended.
subaman 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 08, 2014 at 7:59 PM / IP Logged  
It says it for a Nissan but would this relay setup work for me?
If so, I understand the diagram but am a little confused by the two orange wires and what precisely they are referring to.
keyless entry has me beat - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.
the12volt 
Administrator - Posts: 3,955
Administrator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 08, 2014 at 8:12 PM / IP Logged  
Yes, if your dock lock system locks/unlocks just as you described in your first post of this topic, that should work.
keyless entry has me beat - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image. the12volt • Support the12volt.com
subaman 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 08, 2014 at 9:49 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for your help everyone but unfortunately I am sad to say that I think I have bitten off more than I can chew, I feel like I was so close but to save my last remaining sanity, I am over it, and will just have to resort to doing it the old fashioned way and using the key. I honestly never thought it would be so confusing to simply get an earth wire to connect or disconnect remotely lol.
subaman 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 09, 2014 at 1:01 AM / IP Logged  
I tried one more thing, I have an old 91 Model Liberty here that had aftermarket keyless entry/alarm fitted at some stage so I pulled the cover off the dash to see what I could see, I dont know if you would call it cheating or not but they simply used the "positive and Negative" trigger setup, cut the two wires to the actuator in the drivers door and hard wired the keyless unit to trigger that one actuator, when it is trigger this in turn triggers the rest, tried it on my system and it works, I tried that right from the start, but I didnt cut the wires first si I guess the unit was trying to supply enough power to trigger them all and it just couldnt do it.
subaman 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 09, 2014 at 3:12 AM / IP Logged  
Just one more stupid question, my unit also has a wire marked as "siren", that pulses a + bust when the remote is activated, does this get hooked to the wire going to the horn button on my steering wheel, or do I have to track down the horn relay and tap into that?
howie (aka: harryharris)
Silver - Posts: 355
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 09, 2014 at 2:11 PM / IP Logged  
Shame about the locking but the siren query, no 99% certain your horn at the steering column is NEG (you normally wouldn't need to go to the relay).
The output won't be enough to drive your horn directly.
Incidentally the relay shown is what your unit should do without an external relay, there's no such thing as cheap stuff. It just doesn't work properly.
Test before boxing up.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic