icon

alarm on a 2014 crv

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: April 15, 2014 at 6:13 AM / IP Logged  
Like Chris, I never remove the kick panel. I do however like to unplug the door harness to make my connections but it isn't needed as they are just at the top of the panel. You can get your hand in the hole where the harness goes to the door and unplug them, 2 plugs.
The headliner will pull down enough to tuck the wire, and the A pillar will pop out about an inch. Just pull on the top and it will be fine. Plug B is the top plug of the 3 horizontal plugs in the panel. Unplug it and pull it down, it's the only red wire there. This plug also contains the rear hatch pin wire and all the door triggers.
alarm on a 2014 crv - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.
Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
cj10 
Member - Posts: 48
Member spacespace
Posted: April 16, 2014 at 7:43 AM / IP Logged  
Hey Mike,
Sorry if it's obvious but does the horizontal plug looks like a long white one (spans the entire fuse panel width)? Wish I could include a photo but I'm not a premium member yet. There are three of these and I can see a red wire immediately from the bottom one not the top. Tried to look for a plug label but couldn't see any markings. Thanks.
Also to all, i pulled a 2013 crv wiring listing from directwire and it specifies only a green wire on plug b, pin 40 for the door trigger. Noticed on the diagram I see on this forum there is a list of four wires. Can anyone confirm only a single wire for my wife's vehicle as well?
cj
cj10 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 16, 2014 at 7:56 AM / IP Logged  
To all,
Still want to remove the kick panel to access the light blue wire leading to the back of the vehicle in that triggers the trunk/hatch release. As mentioned in my earlier post, I can't figure out how how to loosen the upper right bolt/screw (and the bottom left for that matter) without breaking anything.
Mahalo.
cj
Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: April 16, 2014 at 5:44 PM / IP Logged  
Yes it is the top plug of the 3. Unplug it and pull it down.
I just looked at the 2013 listing and I don't see a single wire connection. I use the dome light wire(purple) for all doors myself.
As for the kickpanel, the plastic screw near the firewall just unscrews but it can be a little tricky. Remove the threshold next to the seat first, then pull the rubber seal away from it. You can then get in the crack and pop the bottom of the panel out.
Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
cj10 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 16, 2014 at 6:23 PM / IP Logged  
Mike
I assume the 2013 wire diagram you looked at specify the same four wires as the 2012 crv pics at the driver side kickpanel you've shown in your previous posting?
As for this purple wire, is it at this 44 plug (b). Could I also run my dome supervision light wire from my alarm with a diode and relay? Thx.
cj
cj10 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 20, 2014 at 4:54 AM / IP Logged  
I want to thank everyone who has provided assistance with my alarm installation on my wife's 2014 CRV, LX. Personally, I think this is the best and great looking installation I've done to date. I took my time patiently waiting for anyone's response to my many questions. Sorry if I should tried to figure out on my own on some of the questions I had but the car is still new, and I didn't want to upset my wife nor did I want to damage any panels or cut into the wrong wire.
In any event, here's what I found:
1) The 2012 CRV wiring diagram applies to the 2014 model. There was an error on the Directwire diagram for the 2013 model which specified a single green wire from the plug(b), 44 pin for the door trigger.
2) The kick panel is very difficult to remove because of the top pin that is closer to the firewall. Just wedge a screw driver in between the panel and the frame and you will be able to free this stubborn pin.
3) Don't need to access the steering column for non-remote start installation. You can access the ignition and constant 12 volt wires from above the fuse box.
4) You can tap into the parking lights from the same wire harness, i.e., red wire, from plug (b), if you can sent a positive parking light output from your alarm unit.
Chow.
CJ
cj
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic