idatalink, 5706 wire confimation

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mark 17 
Copper - Posts: 63
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 10, 2014 at 4:53 PM / IP Logged  
Hi guys
Im ready to install the python 5706p remote start and Idatalink ADS-AL CA in my wifes 2010 accord v6 sedan. Ive read and read and tried to get my head around what wires ill need to deal with for the basic install of the unit. after its in and working I may do something with windows and aux channels.
If i could just get confirmation on the wires im thinking ill need and any overlooked i may also need to connect, that would be great. Im doing D2D to start. If i have issues I can go back to W2W.
So, 5706:
Main 6 pin connector
1) RED 12v constant
2) BLK ground
3) BRN siren output
4) WHT parking light output
Remote start 10 pin connector:
1) pink ignition 1
2) RED / WHT 30A ignition 2
3) Orange acc output
4) Violet starter output
5) RED 30A ignition input
6 )RED / BLK 30A acc/starter
Idatalink:
1) WHT/BLK (-) output
2) WHT (-) ground
3) BRN/RED CAN-H
4) BRN / YELLOW CAN-L
5) ORANGE / BLK key data
6) ignition(+) input
I didnt list obvious plugs: antenna, shock sensor, neutral safety switch.
Thanks for any advice
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,781
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 10, 2014 at 5:35 PM / IP Logged  

Just so we don't miss anything, the ADS AL-CA should be flashed with the DBI-AL(DL)-HA3 firmware for the D2D mode

with the Viper 5706.

You have some errors on the H3 harness, should be :

1 NC No Connection

2 RED / BLACK (+) FUSED 12V ACC/STARTER INPUT   +12V Constant,  White @ IGN Switch Pin 2
3 PINK/BLACK (+) FLEX RELAY INPUT 87A    not used
4 PINK/WHITE (+) IGNITION 2 / FLEX OUTPUT  ** Set to ACC2          red (+)  ignition switch, white 5 pin plug, pin 4
5 RED (+) FUSED 12V IGNITION 1 INPUT      +12V Constant,  White @ IGN Switch Pin 2
6 GREEN (+) STARTER INPUT (KEY SIDE )   yellow (+)  ignition switch, white 5 pin plug, pin 1   \
7 VIOLET (+) STARTER OUTPUT (CAR SIDE)   yellow (+)  ignition switch, white 5 pin plug, pin 1   /  cut Starter wire
8 ORANGE (+) ACCESSORY OUTPUT orange (+)  ignition switch, white 5 pin plug, pin 3
9 RED / WHITE (+) FUSED 12V IGN2 / FLEX     +12V Constant,  White @ IGN Switch Pin 2
10 PINK (+) IGNITION 1 INPUT/OUTPUT         blue (+)  ignition switch, white 5 pin plug, pin 5

Set the Viper's Parking Light Jumper/Fuse to (-) and use this wire :

Gray (-)  @ headlight switch, BLACK/ white 12 pin plug, pin 11

The ADS AL-CA will only provide the Hood Status signal if you have a Factory Alarm/Hood Pin.  If not, you will have to install

the Viper kit supplied Hood Pin.

Soldering is fun!
mark 17 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 10, 2014 at 7:40 PM / IP Logged  
Thank you, Thank you. I can easily find and make these connections. I was going off many of the posts I've read and any info i thought would be similar to this install I'm doing. By the way, i did have the datalink flashed for the python 5706 at shop where i bought the alarm and bypass.
I"ll check for the hood pin tonight, if not there its easy enough to install one.
So the only datakink connections I need are the 6 wires i listed and the data cable. is that correct?
It looks like I dont need anything off the 24 pin connector at this point.
Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: April 10, 2014 at 8:39 PM / IP Logged  
Tho by theory you are correct about the 6 wires on the Idatalink module, but I have had issues with DBI not allowing the Tach and brake signal to work with the combination you have. I had this happen today again on a 1014 Cruze. During the install simply connect the 2 PURPLE / whites together and the brown and gray/red together from the two units and this will avoid any issue....
Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
mark 17 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 10, 2014 at 8:46 PM / IP Logged  
Ok. That is good too know. I will keep that in mind if there's an issue. I am mounting the units in an area that will be accessible if I need to adjust wiring. Thanks for the insite.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,781
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 10, 2014 at 8:49 PM / IP Logged  

More info :

As mentioned, D2D isn't always 100%.

Remember that the Viper Trunk release will not work while the engine is running.

On the Viper 24 Pin harness, you might need to run Pin 13 BLACK/ WHITE (-) NEUTRAL SAFETY /PARKING BRAKE INPUT to

Chassis Ground if the D2D connection from the bypass module does not supply the EBrake as the NSS input.

While the ADS AL-CA is flashed with the DBI-AL(DL)-HA3, you still must set the Installation Mode to Data ( one blink ) and

lock it in prior to programming the module to the car.  You will be using Guide #14410, Type 1 install diagram.  See Page 8
for programming.

Soldering is fun!
mark 17 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 14, 2014 at 9:30 AM / IP Logged  
On the 10 pin connector, does the pink/wht ignition 2 / flex wire somehow have to be set or programmed in the 5706 for a specific function? Or am I just connecting it to my vehicles Red (+) acc 2 wire?
Also, so if needed, it's ok to connect the brown (+) brake shut down wire from the 5706 to the grey/red brake(+) output on the datalink. And the violet/wht tach input to the PURPLE / wht tach out on the datalink.
These connections are ok while still pluged in to the data wire? Is that correct?
Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: April 14, 2014 at 5:23 PM / IP Logged  
I usually connect pink/white to the orange ACC1 and use the orange ACC of the RS to the red ACC2 in the car. I do this because all works fine this way with no programming. Just be sure to apply 12volts to ALL the RED / striped wires.
As for the second question, yes and yes. I do this before hand as it just easier to do then.
Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
mark 17 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 15, 2014 at 11:08 AM / IP Logged  
That's great info. Thanks Mike
mark 17 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 26, 2014 at 9:48 AM / IP Logged  
So I'm well into making my connetions and I'm wondering if this is correct?
The wht parking light wire is a much larger gauge wire then the gray (-) wire coming from the accord light switch.
Is this still correct?
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic