icon

2010 Lexus RX350, Viper 5704, Expresskits DBALL2 Issues

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
minhbach 
Copper - Posts: 93
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 12, 2014 at 8:38 PM / IP Logged  
I installed the Viper 5704 with Expresskits DBALL2. I checked all the wirings. It all correct per installation guides. It saids just have to connect the ignition and starter wires. And they DBALL2 will take care of the rest. But the DBALL keep flashing RED / ORANGE / green and refuse to program. It needs to stay solid red per instruction. Can someone help? Thanks
smokeman1 
Platinum - Posts: 1,588
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 12, 2014 at 9:56 PM / IP Logged  
I think you should list your connections so we can get a picture of what has been done.
Connected for Type 2, correct?
When all else fails, Read the Instructions
Support the12volt.com Make a Donation
minhbach 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 12, 2014 at 10:26 PM / IP Logged  
Type 2. I just did exactly per instruction for Type 2 installation manual for DBDALL2. I just noticed that I grounded the neutral switch from the remote starter if that the case then should I ground hand brake connection from the DBALL2 connection pin 1(BLACK/ white) 12pin harness or I have to connect from remote starter to the DBALL2 without grounding it directly. Need to try again tomorrow. Don't know if this will fix the problem. I use the DBALL on 2010 highlander. It worked on the first try. Not this one, it gives me such a headache.
howie (aka: harryharris)
Silver - Posts: 355
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 13, 2014 at 1:00 AM / IP Logged  
Could the CAN Hi and Lo be connected the wrong way round?
Test before boxing up.
minhbach 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 13, 2014 at 9:03 AM / IP Logged  
Nothing is work. Is this possible that this DBALL2 is defective or flash incorrectly? I bought this brand new not even refurbished. Also connection is not required on dot line ----. I did make all the connection even the dotted line yesterday but I corrected it today. I don't know if if make any different. But the minute the plug the D2D harness which is the last connection. It keeps flashing RED / GREEN/ orange instead of solid red ready for programing. I can hit the lock/unlock button on the Viper remote. I can hear the siren chirp, signal received from the Viper Brain Unit. But not the door lock not even lock/unlock.
BRX pin 4 (Light Green) to BRX pin 10 on DBALL2 12pin (Yellow/Black) harness
BTX pin 16 (Pink) to BT pin 11 on DBALL 2 12pin (ORANGE / Black) harness
Can High pin 6 (violet)to pin 3(Tan) 14pin harness
Can Low pin 14 (Red) to pin 3(Tan/Black) 14pin harness
dasbogie 
Silver - Posts: 514
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 13, 2014 at 9:14 AM / IP Logged  
From the dball tan/black is typically can high and tan is can low. You have them reversed in your last post. If that is how they are connected then that could be your problem.
Advanced
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 13, 2014 at 9:15 AM / IP Logged  
Yes, tan is low tan/black is high as I posted earlier you've reversed the CAN signal wires.
Test before boxing up.
minhbach 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 13, 2014 at 1:44 PM / IP Logged  
Sorry guys, I posted it wrong. Yes Tan is Can Low and Tan/Black is Can High. I have the right connection but posted it wrong here. Can you guys confirm that I don't have to connect any dotted blue connection per DBALL2 installation guide if the connection is D2D as noted in the guide. Thanks
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 13, 2014 at 2:14 PM / IP Logged  
None needed back to possibly faulty DB-ALL.
Test before boxing up.
minhbach 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 13, 2014 at 2:26 PM / IP Logged  
That's what i think too. Must be a bad DBALL.
The DBALL connection are much simpler than PKALL.
Base on connection per guide. The only thing I need to connect from the RS unit is +12, ground, parking light wire. And the only wire you use from the heavy gauge is red,RED / black, RED / white to 12V on the vehicle. Pink ignition 1 to DBALL 12 pin harness which is pin 7 (gray/black). BTX and BRX and Can High & Low already been triple checked on the connections. What else could be wrong here if it is not a bad DBALL
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic