5704 issues with remote start f350 diesel

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ponchantos3 
Member - Posts: 41
Member spacespace
Posted: May 07, 2014 at 10:24 PM / IP Logged  
Hey Kreg,
One question for you. when I bought the truck. I received a key with an S on it which apparently is 40 bit key
Before installing this new system,like I told you before I picked up a new key from Ford. the key had an SA on it which is apparently a 80 bit key.
Now both keys work fine. Both start truck fine. Do you think that this could be an issue with the pkall programming?
Thanks
DenKat
ponchantos3 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 07, 2014 at 10:24 PM / IP Logged  
Or if anyone has a sure answer please let me know
Thanks
DenKat
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 07, 2014 at 11:08 PM / IP Logged  
The "SA" is thought of as an "80" bit key and will work as an "80" bit key, however it can be programmed as a "40" bit key to an older "40" bit system and will work correctly ( downward compatible ).  Not sure how the PKALL will respond to this situation, never came across it before.  I believe it will respond and program normally because the PKALL is "watching" the RX & TX wires.  Too bad you're not closer.  I'd love to try an iDatalink module on your truck.
Soldering is fun!
ponchantos3 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 08, 2014 at 4:18 PM / IP Logged  
Once again thanks a lot man. It was fine... Here is a blog I found to test for 40 bit or 80 bit
Understanding the Difference Between a Ford 80 Bit & a 40 Bit
Ford introduced an 80-bit encryption in late 2009 and this caused a lot of confusion as to which models it was available
on. The main question is which models use the 80 and which use the old 40 bit?
Contrary to popular belief, the SA marking on the key does NOT indicate a vehicle uses 80-bit encryption. In reality, the
SA marking indicates that the key is 80-bit compatible, but the vehicle itself could still be using 40-bit encryption.
What does it mean?
It means that Ford did in fact release SA keys equipped with an 80-bit transponder, but the reality is that the same
transponder can also be used in 40-bit vehicle, making it backward compatible with older vehicles. Consequently, if you
see an SA key it is important that you do not automatically assume it is an 80-bit type. It all depends on the vehicle, not
the key.
How do I Differentiate Between the 40 & 80 Bit?
To determine which encryption type you are dealing with, you must test pin 1 at the 4-pin IMMO connector on the key
barrel for the following conditions to determine if it is 40 or 80-bit type.
An
80-bit vehicle should provide the following values:
§
NO key in barrel: 0v
§
Key in barrel with IGN OFF: (+) 12v
§
Key in barrel with IGN ON: (+) 12v
An
40-bit vehicle should provide the following values:
§
NO key in barrel: 0v
§
Key in barrel with IGN OFF: 0v
§Key in barrel with IGN ON: (+) 12v
DenKat
ponchantos3 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 08, 2014 at 4:50 PM / IP Logged  
Secondly. Everything is fine. After listening to you and many other installers around the world. I'm putting another alarm system in there mostly likely the Omega Excalibur.
The service at DEI or Viper or whoever sucks. They charge way to much for what you get. Other companies are offering more. Even computstar which I didn't like to much is better in my opinion.
This is my opinion to anyone installing alarms. Viper does suck. sorry. Most of the alarm ideas and all originate from Omega I just found out. I'll keep you guys posted on my new car alarm install
DenKat
Page of 7

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic