icon

viper 5607v connections 1996 ford van

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
fxdwg 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: April 16, 2014 at 6:04 PM / IP Logged  
A little help on Vipers 5607V alarm? Connectors H3 10pin and H4 24pin plugs have a lot of seemingly redundant wires. Basically, I have a 1996 Ford Van, so really all I need is remote start,alarm,with no power window, or door locks, or trunk.
Do I use the fact start wires to H3, or use the H2 24pin Low milliamp outputs to the factory start relay? It too is low m/a. I have the oem wiring diagram from the ign swtch, and even a T-Harness for easy connections, so b4 I purchase alarm, I would just like a bit more info on which of the H3 pins for ign, and start/ also kill.
I do have Vipers install guide, pdf, but it too is somewhat vague. I can post links of pdf files if necc.
Gears and wires
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 16, 2014 at 8:03 PM / IP Logged  

Probably just a typo, 5607v = 5706v?  Also assuming an Econoline Van.

Not only are the 24 Pin ACC / Starter / Ignition outputs low current, they are (-) signals.  Not the correct type for connection

to the vehicles high current (+) ignition wires.   Here is how the H3 plug should look.
1 NC No Connection   Not used
2 RED / BLACK (+) FUSED 12V ACC/STARTER INPUT          Yellow (+)   @ ignition harness   
3 PINK/BLACK (+) FLEX RELAY INPUT 87A FLEX RELAY   Not used
4 PINK/WHITE (+) IGNITION 2 / FLEX RELAY OUTPUT        BLACK/ GREEN (+)  @ IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS 
5 RED (+) FUSED 12V IGNITION 1 INPUT    Yellow (+)   @ ignition harness
6 GREEN (+) STARTER INPUT (KEY SIDE) WHITE/ Pink (+)  @ ignition harness \
7 VIOLET (+) STARTER OUTPUT (CAR SIDE)          WHITE/ Pink (+)  @ ignition harness /  cut wire
8 ORANGE (+) ACCESSORY OUTPUT         Gray / YELLOW (+)  @ ignition harness
9 RED / WHITE (+) FUSED 12V IGNITION 2 Input       Yellow (+)   @ ignition harness
10 PINK (+) IGNITION 1 INPUT/OUTPUT      RED / Green (+)  @ ignition harness

These vehicle ignition wires are thick, high current wires.  There is probably more that one Yellow +12V constant wire in

the ignition harness, so split the Viper's load between them.  Test the BLACK/ Green wire, if present.  It might actually be an
Accessory wire.  Program the Viper Flex Relay accordingly.

Soldering is fun!
fxdwg 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 16, 2014 at 11:21 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks Kreg357, for the quick response on the viper 5607V wiring. What use would the #1 on H3 be used for, on say,, another type install? Or is it just reduntant, to supply more current?
I see that H3 6 and 7 are interrupting the starter as well as applying the starter relay in remote start, does this btain also cut the ignition/run wire out of the system when the alarm is on? Or just the starter? Would it be the H3 9 and 10 wires? Or do they just not cut the ign wires in the harness, and not feel necessary to interrupt the ign module when alarm is armed. Only the starter relay?
As for the H2 24pin connector, what would some of the more common hookups be for some of these on my 1996 Ford van? I realize that they are low m/a ground signals.
I will be ordering a glass sensor, 3 wire plug, I believe, and a tilt sensor, poss same 3 wires, will it be the 2 plugs on the side of brain labelled sensor 1 and 2? I have been looking at a viper 5704 installation diagram, so I am only half informed, as the labelling on these wires seem a bit too brief. It also seems they should mention what Ma current do these 2 sensor ports draw with the afformentioned glass sensor and tilt sensor? Could you say,,, go on vaca for a week or two and still have a battery that would start the van. The instructions do say that they are constant power, (as you might expect) to monitor the zones. Just a couple more questions, (for now) ha, My Van doesn't always start on just a 1 or 2 second crank, sometimes 3 poss 4 seconds. Would it be wise to use the actual tachometer wire from E/C V/S letting virtual tach? Your thoughts?
Thanks so much for reading this lengthy post, hope my proofreading was good as it is late, and I don't type for a living. Ha. Thanks again for any and all responses.
Gears and wires
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 17, 2014 at 10:24 AM / IP Logged  

Yes, H3/6 and H3/7 are used for Starter Kill and Anti-Grind.  If you don't want or need these features, don't cut the vehicles'

Starter wire and only connect the H3/7 Violet wire.

The Viper H3/9 and H3/10 do not work together.  H3/9 is the input power source for H3/4 output.  H3/10 is for the Ignition1

circuit and gets its' power from H3/5.

Can't help too much with the Viper alarm sensors.  Viper is not my normal brand but there are Forum Members that can

help with aspect of your install.

If the engine crank time varies, it is best to run in Tach Mode ( Menu 3, Item 2, Option 4 ).  Just connect the Vipers Tach

Input wire ( VIOLET/WHITE   TACHOMETER INPUT ) to this wire ( info from ReadyRemote ) :
Tachometer     WHITE/ Pink       CTO** test connector
** Test connector is located by itself, labeled CTO test above brake booster on the drivers side of engine compartment.

Your best bet is to create a Viper plug to Vehicle wire chart ( similar to the H3 list above ) and post is for Forum review.

Soldering is fun!
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: April 17, 2014 at 5:48 PM / IP Logged  
Go on vacation for aweek or two and your battery will be DEAD!
It's the LED not the sensors causing the battery drain.
Incidentally the glass break is 4 pin mux and plugs into the white socket outboard of the shock sensor socket. The tilt is 3 wire and goes to the orange armed output at H1, constant 12V+ and your blue trunk trigger at H3.
fxdwg 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 22, 2014 at 11:52 AM / IP Logged  
Wiring the viper 5706v to my 1996 Ford Van,,
I still don't quite full understand everything on this 10 wire connector, Kreg, you posted the #1 pink is N/C and some of the pdf instructions/hookups connect to the H3/1-pink to ign, and leave the H3/10 wire not connected?
Also on the start circuit, I should cut the starter wires to the van,good, makes sense, so the alarm can interrupt it, but does the ign get cut to do the same? I would really like that.
As for the other plugs and hookups,they all makes sense, just this 10 wire plug.
It also seems that between the different viper models,,, this plug is slightly different,in configuration, so I get conflicting pin colors and numbers. The alarm is due to hit the mailbox today or tomorrow, and I doubt if I will have any more detail or clarity than what I have here so far. The 12v.com does have the ign harness wiring diagram and colors for this ford van, so I already have that printed, and I do understand what relays do,and why they are necessary, but it would be nice to actually have the diagram from "inside" the alarm as to which pin is what pin on these flex relays,( there are 2 I believe) on this 10 pin plug.
I hope I am not too lengthy in my post. Any light you could shed would be appreciated. Thanks
This diagram is from a viper 5904v alarm. Would it be the same as the 5706?
Remote Start, (H3) 10-pin connector
H3/1
PINK
(+) IGNITION 1 INPUT/OUTPUT
H3/2
RED / WHITE
(87) FLEX RELAY +12V INPUT (30A FUSED)
H3/3
ORANGE
(+) ACCESSORY OUTPUT
H3/4
VIOLET
(+) STARTER OUTPUT (CAR SIDE OF THE STARTER KILL)
H3/5
GREEN
(+) STARTER INPUT (KEY SIDE OF THE STARTER KILL)
H3/6
RED
IGNITION 1 +12V INPUT (30A FUSED)
H3/7
PINK/WHITE
(30) FLEX RELAY OUTPUT (car side of ign, acc or starter wire)
H3/8
PINK/BLACK
(87a) FLEX RELAY INPUT (key side of ign, acc or starter wire if needed)
H3/9
RED / BLACK
ACCESSORY/STARTER RELAY +12V INPUT (30A FUSED)
H3/10
NC
No Connection
Gears and wires
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: April 22, 2014 at 11:55 AM / IP Logged  
"This diagram is from a viper 5904v alarm. Would it be the same as the 5706"?
Yes.
fxdwg 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 02, 2014 at 8:41 PM / IP Logged  
1996 ford econoline, 5607 viper, just curious, what part of the menu, is the programming of the flex relay/ input or output, would this wire be for,H/4?. My wiring diag of the van shows BK/LG to be feeding the wiper circuit in run or accy.
Test the BLACK/ Green wire, if present. It might actually be an
Accessory wire. Program the Viper Flex Relay accordingly.
Can I also just hook it up (BLK/Grn to an accy out such as H8/OR or H4P/W? By default what is the flex relay output for H4 in the menu? Is the default on/out when armed? or When disarmed? I guess I just need the BK/Grn to be energized/out when in remote start/running.
Part of my confusion was an answer to one of my posts, I recv'd a reply that the 5904 viper had the same wiring diag, and darn if it does not. Threw me for a loop it did. Chasing my tale on that one,,, threw it out. Ha.
   I am fine with all the other plugs/wiress on this 5706 Viper, and even all the wires I don't need, it's just this 10 pin plug. I have figured out the yellow feeds, and starter interrupt, but would also like to interrupt the ecm/ignition/spark function when the alarm is armed.I know which wires it is on the ign switch, but not how to interupt it at the 10 pin plug, should I decide to cut/separate the ign wire, but not cut accy wires. Your thoughts kreg357?
I am sorta new here on this forum, so did I see that donations are accepted practice? So far your diagram earlier did help immensly,and I am very appreciative, and I am fortunate, to have time, so that it will all be figured out b4 the install. Possibly in a week or so. Thanks for your help (in advance). fxdwg.
Gears and wires
kreg357 
Posted: May 03, 2014 at 4:37 AM / IP Logged  
OK, here is the H3 wiring if the H3 plug looks like a Viper 5904 H3 plug :
H3/1 PINK (+) IGNITION 1 INPUT/OUTPUT  RED / Green (+) @ ignition harness
H3/2 RED / WHITE (87) FLEX RELAY +12V INPUT (30A FUSED) Yellow (+)   @ ignition harness    
H3/3 ORANGE (+) ACCESSORY OUTPUT   Gray / YELLOW (+) @ ignition harness
H3/4 VIOLET (+) STARTER OUTPUT (CAR SIDE)        WHITE/ Pink (+) @ ignition harness \
H3/5 GREEN (+) STARTER INPUT (KEY SIDE) WHITE/ Pink (+) @ ignition harness / cut wire
H3/6 RED IGNITION 1 +12V INPUT (30A FUSED)     Yellow (+)   @ ignition harness    
H3/7 PINK/WHITE (30) FLEX RELAY OUTPUT  BLACK/ GREEN (+) @ IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS   ***
H3/8 PINK/BLACK (87a) FLEX RELAY INPUT not used
H3/9 RED / BLACK ACC/STARTER RELAY +12V INPUT (30A FUSED)        Yellow (+)   @ ignition harness    
H3/10 NC No Connection
*** Set Viper for Flex Relay = ACC2    Menu 3, Item 8, Option 2
For a successful install, you should use a Digital Multi Meter ( or computer safe LED test light ) to locate and verify all vehicle wires prior
to making any connections. While it is a pain ( I know, I type with two fingers ), you should make-up a complete, neat, well organized wire
connection chart similar to the H3 harness I have listed above and post it for Forum Member review. As you are finding out, Viper makes
many different systems and their harness wiring vary. The Viper install guide is brief and the Viper install manual is difficult to find & hard
to understand for the novice.
Soldering is fun!
fxdwg 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 08, 2014 at 12:09 AM / IP Logged  
can someone tell me which chip or version the bitwriter 998t needs to program a 5706 viper remote start? Seems there is a lot of conflicting info on this topic> 2.7   2.9 998U ? Is there a specific number in the alarm literature that came with the 5706. Is there an easy answer for this?
Gears and wires
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic