icon

1995 firebird convertible door locks?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
eamondam 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: April 19, 2014 at 11:37 PM / IP Logged  
Hello all I have a 1995 Pontiac firebird convertible I am installing a auto page c3-665-2w and my issue is the door locks.
The car has factory keyless I found the keyless module and the RED / blk and ORANGE / blk wires the issue is after 45 sec the whole circuit shuts off the only way I have found is to "wake" it up is use the factory remote I don't want to fry the brain box I read you have to pulse the system with a - pulse just they did not say how to do that just want to be sure im doing it the correct way before I do it anyone with experience on this car any help would be great thanks in advance..
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: April 20, 2014 at 1:14 AM / IP Logged  
Use an aux output to "trigger" the door trigger linked to unlock to activate.
I find it strange this circuit shuts down after 45 seconds.
Something isn't right, did you pick up these wires in the passenger kickwell?
eamondam 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 20, 2014 at 1:20 AM / IP Logged  
hello thx for reply
yes I found the keyless module in the pass kickwell. As far as strange first time I have seen this happen (maybe convertibles were set up that way )I have interfaced alternating polarity locks before without issues first time I have ran across this.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: April 20, 2014 at 1:26 AM / IP Logged  
TBH living in the UK I've never seen let alone worked one one since 1981!
Having said that sleeper circuits started around then but never the locks, only things like dome lights.
I remember the first timer circuits which is why we have DEI tech sheet 1076 but that was every half hour or so about 98 on Euro cars.
You might look up some of these tech tips in the Downloads/Manuals section, there might be something there for say a Ford that could be applied to your vehicle.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: April 20, 2014 at 1:48 AM / IP Logged  
Look in Downloads/Manuals Camaro/Firebird locks under alarm manuals an alternative method perhaps, I just downloaded it for you.
eamondam 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 20, 2014 at 1:57 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks I will take a look and see if anything will work I will let u know what I find. I again its the first time I have seen this setup if that is the case I wonder why they did it that way..
thanks for the info
sparkie 
Platinum - Posts: 2,061
Platinum spacespace
Posted: April 20, 2014 at 10:53 AM / IP Logged  
They created the system to make the car more secure and reduce battery drain. Those cars were valued by thieves back then. The car's BCM goes to sleep. To wake it up and disarm the factory alarm, you must pulse the passenger side for pin, pulse the Brown accessory wire at the ignition switch and pulse the VATS immobilized circuit. The door locks will then work.
sparky
pts760 
Copper - Posts: 403
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 20, 2014 at 11:21 AM / IP Logged  
I would just pulse the ignition and VATS with unlock. Thats should disarm arm the alarm and wake the BCM up to control your locks. Testing would have to be done to see if my theory is correct though.
I drink current, eat ohms, and bleed voltage
davep. 
Gold - Posts: 641
Gold spacespace
Posted: April 21, 2014 at 10:42 AM / IP Logged  
There are numerous inputs that will wake up the BCM. A lock/unlock command from either interior door lock switch is one of them. Me-thinks you've done something incorrectly with your interface to the locks.
````````````````
This is a Wild Ass Guess based on experience with 90-96 Corvette that also have a BCM and factory anti-theft. In a C4, the park lights will wake-up the BCM.
Open the drivers window. Lock the car and let the BCM go to sleep. Reach in the window, and turn on the park lights, then turn them off. Try your remote locks now.
IF this works, you need to devise a way to send an unlock pulse after the first park lights flash. Perhaps programing a two pulse un-lock.
Just an idea, and easy to try.
sparkie 
Platinum - Posts: 2,061
Platinum spacespace
Posted: April 21, 2014 at 7:29 PM / IP Logged  
There are different ways of waking up the BCM, but only the way I described will wake it up and disarm the factory alarm. The door lock switch circuits won't work until the BCM wakes up. I have done hundreds of these cars. You must also be careful what you use for battery power as many of those circuits also go to sleep. Generally if the battery wire was orange, it probably went to sleep. The Red battery wires didn't.
sparky
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic