icon

2013 elantra and dball2 pro

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ex-egll 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: April 23, 2014 at 12:11 AM / IP Logged  
Hi, I have a Canadian (chip in key) 2013 Hyundai Elantra, manual transmission. I have an old ProStart remote starter that I was going to put on it, but discovered that I would need a transponder bypass. This led me to the DBALL2, which would probably work in conjunction with the ProStart.
I then saw that there was a DBALL2 PRO. This is where I need some help please. If I understand what I have read correctly I can use this device as a stand alone remote starter and discard the ProStart. Also using the D2D connection a lot fewer wires need to be connected than with either the ProStart or using the W2W method.
I realise that if I go either DBALL2 or DBALL2 Pro I will need to buy the XKLOADER.
So in short, with my vehicle can I just buy the DBALL2 Pro and XKLOADER, flash the module, connect it up using D2D and then use the OEM key fobs with the 3 x Lock button to start the car remotely.
Thanks for any feedback
ex-egll
sparkie 
Platinum - Posts: 2,061
Platinum spacespace
Posted: April 23, 2014 at 3:33 PM / IP Logged  
Use a DBALL2 with your Prostart. You will either have to get someone with a XKLoader to program it or buy one. Your Prostart won't work with the DBALL2 in D2D mode as the Prostart module's don't use that protocol/language. You would have to hardwire all the input and output connections. The 3X lock won't work well either because the remotes cease to function while the vehicle is running.
sparky
ex-egll 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 23, 2014 at 3:47 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks Sparkie, could I just ignore the pro start and just use the DBALL2PRO unit?
pentavolvo 
Copper - Posts: 241
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 23, 2014 at 4:19 PM / IP Logged  
To not use prostrart you would need a dball2pro and an mc501, but it won't support manual transmission cars
ex-egll 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 25, 2014 at 8:29 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the responses, back to the planning state!
bloodninja 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: September 29, 2014 at 5:28 PM / IP Logged  
pentavolvo wrote:
To not use prostrart you would need a dball2pro and an mc501, but it won't support manual transmission cars
I came across this thread while doing research on the DBALL2Pro.
I just installed one along with an MC501 this weekend and they are compatible with manual transmissions -- there is a wire loop (yellow) located near the reset switch that you must cut to use with an automatic transmission car.
-Brian

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic