icon

07 escalade pke/rxt/smartstart + ak

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jeffmcdowell 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: May 12, 2014 at 9:11 AM / IP Logged  
The end goal I'm looking for is to be able to Use the PKE 2102T to unlock the car and just hop in the truck and use the Advanced keys Knob Switch Key Cap, AK-TS01, with a dummy key (no chip) to start the truck and drive off. I would still like to retain the SmartStart functionality.
I have the dball2 and smartstart already functional in RXT mode with the T-Harness.
I also have the PKE hooked up to everything but the door locks.
Hence the first issue.
Easiest way to hook up door locks?
Tried to actuate the dball2 door lock input wires with the PKE door lock output grounds and I guess the firmware turns off this functionality. Really not looking forward to 5wireing the door locks but is this the only option?
Second issue,
Using the Advanced keys Knob Switch Key Cap, AK-TS01.
I would like to give ground to the Ground While Activated/Running DBALL 2 wire with the PKE to allow me to start the car only when the PKE fob is present. The key would not start the car without PKE because the chip would not be programmed/present. I'm pretty sure I would have to bypass the keysense wire to trick the truck to think the key wasn't there in order to remote start/smart start but have it think it is there when the PKE is disarmed and active. (I haven't gotten a dummy key cut yet to test, but I'm thinking I'll run into the same firmware issue as the door locks)
I'm really trying to do this the easiest way possible, but it looks like I may have to do a full remote start install/non(RSR/RXT) install to get all the functionality I want.
Any suggestions? Ways to get custom firmware? Thanks in advance!
Jeffery
jeffmcdowell 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 19, 2014 at 12:50 PM / IP Logged  
Am I missing any information that is needed to provide a helpful answer to my questions? Surprised that no one has posted as I thought this was a pretty unique challange. This is definitely not my first install but definitely one that I'm trying to customize to my needs. Thanks again in advance!
Jeffery
jeffmcdowell 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 09, 2014 at 8:47 AM / IP Logged  
Did I post in wrong forum? Surprised no one has commented.
Jeffery
jeffmcdowell 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 17, 2014 at 8:44 AM / IP Logged  
Anyone? Some nugget of insight?
Jeffery
racerjames76 
Silver - Posts: 581
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 21, 2014 at 10:50 AM / IP Logged  
Apologies that no one has replied, unfortunately my response won't be of much help. Just an explanation as to why no one has replied thus far.
You are attempting a one off task using products not most of us use. Aside from the dball obviously.
For that reason a company like DEI is not going to get into custom firmware. A couple hundred dollars if even that much they can squeeze out of you for the service does not begin to cover the couple hundred thousand dollar liability they risk if something goes wrong.
You could always reverse engineer the software yourself but obviously that is illegal and cant be discussed here.
That is all I can offer. Maybe someone will chime in with any help they can offer. Good luck and sorry we haven't been more help!
To master and control electricity is perfection. *evil laugh*
catback 
Silver - Posts: 703
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 21, 2014 at 7:11 PM / IP Logged  
Sounds like what you want is the AK-104S Universal system. You can try to cobble something together but it's going to take a bit of trial and error to do, especially with the parts at-hand/in-mind that were never meant to be used in the manner your conceiving.
jeffmcdowell 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 23, 2014 at 2:04 PM / IP Logged  
Thank you so much for both of your replies!
I assumed that custom firmware was a long shot, but I also didn't know if anyone had gotten into the code as messed around or if everyone just took what was given. I was going with the same mentality/concept as jail breaking a phone/custom firmware.
I was trying to use DEI hardware so it would work with the SmartStart I already have installed with the dball and the directed PKE as well. The dball has input wires for door locks, they just don't work on an rxt install with smartstart which is lame. Would help with a lot of customizaition.
Jeffery
jeffmcdowell 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 29, 2014 at 2:58 PM / IP Logged  
So I put this one on the back burner for a little bit and as usually happens I thought of a cheap solution. I will leave the smart start and dball hooked up as it's own system. I then plan to use a xk01 and a 556U with the PKE.   The XK01 will take care of the door locks and status inputs for the PKE and I'll use the "Starter Kill Output"(have to invert it with a relay so I get a ground when unarmed) on the PKE to activate the 556U and I'm golden. Low tech solution for ~$40. I was stumped when I was trying to do it as an all in one solution.
   I explored some other modules but the firmware and wiring configurations it gets more complicated than it needs to be.
Jeffery
racerjames76 
Silver - Posts: 581
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 30, 2014 at 2:01 PM / IP Logged  

If I am reading correctly you may have issues with multiple data interfaces either causing loss of communication with each other, or the car. Or worse cause the cars computer to stop communicating correctly.

It will either work perfectly or leave you stranded randomly. I say good luck either way! 07 escalade pke/rxt/smartstart + ak -- posted image.  07 escalade pke/rxt/smartstart + ak -- posted image.

To master and control electricity is perfection. *evil laugh*
jeffmcdowell 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 30, 2014 at 2:22 PM / IP Logged  
Since neither of the systems (DSM250 + dball2 , D2D , RXT) and (pke + xk01 + 556U, W2W) will be talking to each other there shouldn't be a loss of communication between them.
When I considered the communication with the car, I made the assumption that since the car is not programmed to accept the modules, they are just simply telling the on-board computer to execute a command or receiving a signal from the computer.   If this is the case then the only issue is if one module told the car to execute a command and the other module did something in response to that command as well as the car. I find this unlikely because you could just as easily hook a code reader up to the car and run diagnostics and perform the same functions we are asking these modules to do without any ill effects from/to the modules.
In summary however I agree it will either be a success, a total failure, or somewhere in between. Fingers crossed as I already have the modules on order! Hopefully I get some time next week to get it installed! Cheers!
Jeffery
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic