icon

07 escalade pke/rxt/smartstart + ak

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
catback 
Silver - Posts: 703
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 31, 2014 at 10:47 AM / IP Logged  
I can't help but think a cheap solution for a cadillac escalade, really? 07 escalade pke/rxt/smartstart + ak - Page 2 -- posted image.
Not for me to understand I suppose. I don't get the difficulty of putting a key into the ignition and turning it if you still have to turn it even after all this non-sense.
jeffmcdowell 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: July 31, 2014 at 10:59 AM / IP Logged  
Reason 1:
I don't have to get the key out of my pocket with passive key-less entry to get in the car while I'm holding my gym bag, laptop bag, groceries, or the million other things to get in the truck.
Reason 2:
Even better as happened a few weeks ago. I was parking at the gym. Opened the door to step out and the wind caught my drivers door. Swiftly grabbed for the door to stop it from slamming against the parked car next to me. As it turns out my keys were in my left hand and as I caught the top of the door I also jammed my key into the paint all the way through to the metal. (expletives were said!)
As for cheap, the only reason I have an Escalade is because I find the best deals/options to get what I want...
Jeffery
catback 
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 31, 2014 at 11:22 AM / IP Logged  
I still don't get it.
The Escalade (IMO) is not the best deal/option in any regard outside of buying the Cadillac emblem and having it on an SUV.
jeffmcdowell 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 31, 2014 at 11:48 AM / IP Logged  
Bought my extremely low miles EXT with light damage to the front end for less than a Honda Accord. Fixed it at my own body shop for $3k and ended up saving about $10k under KBB.
Has way more options than the Avalanche that I used to own. And I like the looks.
And what's great it is really not about if you get it. It is about if I get it and want to put the effort in to achieve it. In the process I learn how to do something I didn't know how to do and I get what I want out of the endeavor. Weither or not anyone else thinks the idea has merit is of no consequence.
And besides this forum isn't about my truck as a good choice or if putting pke on it is worth doing. It is solely to help solve the problem as stated and to assist anyone after the problem is solved with the information to more easily accomplish the same task.
Jeffery
jeffmcdowell 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 06, 2014 at 11:07 AM / IP Logged  
Pke is operational with the xk01. Now for the fun part of integrating the 556uw with it to get my end result. Cheers!
Jeffery
jeffmcdowell 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 18, 2014 at 3:39 PM / IP Logged  
The pke install with the xk01 was so stinking easy I knew I was in for it when I when to put the 556UW in the truck.
556UW is installed but will not let the engine start with non-programmed key. I believe the 556UW is functional because the truck won't start with a programmed key while the 556UW is on (truck is "seeing" 2 keys). I have wired in a switch so 556UW can be disabled when use of a programmed key is required. Switch off the bypass and truck starts as normal.
I have also wired so that all remote start functions still operate with key in ignition. This is achieved by only connecting keysense once the key has been turned to the ignition on position.
Any suggestions in testing the 556UW or for achieving ignition would be greatly appreciated. I have gone back through relays to check the correct signals are being achieved and sent with my multimeter. Even tested hooking the 556uw straight to power, ground, and status to no avail.
Thanks in advance!
Jeffery
catback 
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 19, 2014 at 1:56 AM / IP Logged  
Even a non-programmed transponder key behaves like your original does when inserted. It communicates with the immobilizer even if it's not an authorized key i.e. it's seeing two keys.
jeffmcdowell 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 19, 2014 at 7:43 AM / IP Logged  
Face-palm...Thank you catback! That makes absolute sense. Well hopefully I can break off the back of the key, assuming that is where the transponder chip is, as was my intention to use the Advance Keys knob and all will be solved.
Thanks again!
Jeffery
jeffmcdowell 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 19, 2014 at 1:46 PM / IP Logged  
Removed the plastic/chip from the key and bingo started right up! Advanced keys Knob Switch Key Cap AK-TS01 is ordered so put the polishing touches on the install. Thanks so much catback!
Jeffery
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic