viper 5704v can't start with key

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
djabi90 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: May 13, 2014 at 6:12 AM / IP Logged  
Hello all!
I recently installed a Viper 5704v to my 2000 Mitsubishi Montero Sport. Well to be honest I switched it out from one that my local shop had installed because it was failing on me. They had installed a Crimestopper SP-500.
I went ahead and changed out all the connections, antenna, brain, siren everything. Used really good connectors so everything would be secure.
So here is my problem the car will start perfectly with the remote start. However, when I try to crank it with the key, it will not start. The starter will not turn at all. It will only start with the remote start
Now I've noticed that when I turn the key to the "On" position I hear a relay switch in the brain of the 5704. Now, when I remove the constant 12v wire from the brain, I am able to use the key and the starter will turn and the car starts up.
Does anyone have any suggestions?? I would greatly appreciate it!
2014 Toyota Corolla
chev104275 
Gold - Posts: 1,424
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 13, 2014 at 6:55 AM / IP Logged  
Did you hook up the starter kill ? Green should go to the key side , violet should go to the starter side
If i Can't Install it    I Don't need it   Joe
djabi90 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 13, 2014 at 8:24 AM / IP Logged  
Yes. Like I said. Everything looks fine. It's only after the 12 constant is hooked up is that I hear the relay inside of the brain activate which in return does not let me turn the car on.
I measured continuity between the green cable and violet cable when the 12 constant is plugged in and I get nothing. Once I disconnect it I hear the relay inside the box turn off and then I check check for continuity and I do have continuity.
2014 Toyota Corolla
shadowinfector 
Copper - Posts: 199
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 13, 2014 at 9:52 AM / IP Logged  
Sounds like either the brain is faulty with the relay reversed or the relay has a constant signal activating it.....make sure u double check all the wires....is ur ground when armed wire connected incorrectly? Maybe ur not disarming the alarm? Definitely something to do with the ground out when armed wire which is causing the relay to cut off the starter wire.
djabi90 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 13, 2014 at 12:37 PM / IP Logged  
ground when armed is grounded properly. I've noticed that if I have disconnected that cable, whenever I try to lock the car it the siren sounds different.
Now i do have a question, I read somewhere that I need to have all the cables that have a fuse connected. That i MUST have them all connected to a 12v constant in order for the remote start to work properly. Is this true?
Those cables are:
H3/2   RED / WHITE   FUSED (30A) IGNITION 2
H3/6   RED  FUSED (30A) IGNITION 1
H3/9   RED / BLACK   FUSED (30A) ACCESSORY/STARTER INPUT
is this true? because if it is I have them connected to a 12v constant. Maybe one of these are causing the problem?
2014 Toyota Corolla
chev104275 
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 13, 2014 at 12:44 PM / IP Logged  
Ground when armed shouldn't be grounded. It provides a ground out when the system is armed.
I don't have the install guide for that system but I believe All 3 of those should see constant 12v. Can you list out your connections for us please.
djabi90 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 13, 2014 at 3:33 PM / IP Logged  
oh so Ground when armed shouldn't go to a ground point in the car?
Here are the remote start
Remote Start,
(H3) 10-pin connector
H3/1    PINK (+) IGNITION 1 INPUT/OUTPUT
H3/2    RED / WHITE      (87) FLEX RELAY +12V INPUT (30A FUSED)
H3/3    ORANGE  (+) ACCESSORY OUTPUT
H3/4    VIOLET (+) STARTER OUTPUT (CAR SIDE OF THE STARTER KILL)
H3/5    GREEN  (+) STARTER INPUT (KEY SIDE OF THE STARTER KILL)
H3/6    RED   IGNITION 1 +12V INPUT (30A FUSED)
H3/7    PINK/WHITE     (30) FLEX RELAY OUTPUT (car side of ign, acc or starter wire)
H3/8    PINK/BLACK     (87a) FLEX RELAY INPUT (key side of ign, acc or starter wire if needed)
H3/9    RED / BLACK      ACCESSORY/STARTER RELAY +12V INPUT (30A FUSED)
Cables i did not connect are: H3/7 and H3/8
2014 Toyota Corolla
chev104275 
Posted: May 13, 2014 at 5:06 PM / IP Logged  
Yes remove the ground when armed from the ground point. You are correct on the 3 power wires
djabi90 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 13, 2014 at 6:32 PM / IP Logged  
thanks, ive yet to try it. will try tommorrow. is there a special place this cable goes?? or just bundled it with the rest of the unused cables?
2014 Toyota Corolla
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: May 14, 2014 at 1:15 AM / IP Logged  
Just bundle it with the rest it's only use is for window closure and switching on extra LEDs or armed displays when the alarm is armed.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic