viper 5704v can't start with key

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
djabi90 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: May 18, 2014 at 8:41 PM / IP Logged  
chev104275 wrote:
Yes remove the ground when armed from the ground point. You are correct on the 3 power wires
well good news, that was the problem! however, now i have some other bad news.
after i start it with the key it turns off after a second or so. cant figure out what it is. anyone care to chime on this?
Now another question, my bypass type is a transponder. where the key goes in the little box and has a cable wrapped around the ignition. As of right now i have the power in the 12v constant all the time. The reason for this is because I cant find a spot to put it where it will turn on when the car is in the remote start sequence. Any ideas where I can plug this 12v source to?? I have tried placing the power on the Starter Output but it doesn't work. Is there a cable the brain has that will output 12V when the remote start sequence activates?
2014 Toyota Corolla
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: May 19, 2014 at 12:27 AM / IP Logged  
First the by-pass.
Standard key in the box by-pass system has 3 wires.
12V+ constant usually red.
Ground, usually black.
Trigger wire from remote start GWR aka status wire usually blue.
Second failure to stay running.
Re-check your wiring, ignition switch outputs AND fuses with a DMM.
I'm guessing you either made a wiring error or you've damaged the ignition switch.
djabi90 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 11, 2014 at 5:53 PM / IP Logged  
howie ll wrote:
First the by-pass.
Standard key in the box by-pass system has 3 wires.
12V+ constant usually red.
Ground, usually black.
Trigger wire from remote start GWR aka status wire usually blue.
Second failure to stay running.
Re-check your wiring, ignition switch outputs AND fuses with a DMM.
I'm guessing you either made a wiring error or you've damaged the ignition switch.
Ok, so I finally got to trying to fix it and here is what I figured out.
My by-pass system has 3 wires.
12V+ which is red, that is wired up to Ignition switch.
Yellow, which is not plugged up ti anything.
Black for ground. So no blue wire.
Now I figured out that if I unplug the RED / yellow/black wire going into the bypass I can start the car perfectly with the key. Tried it multiple times and always worked. However, now remote start would not work. Tries to start but since it does not sense the key from the bypass it wont start.
If I plug the cable back in, and start with the key it turns on for 2 seconds then shuts off. Tried multiple times and same scenario. Now if i tried with remote start, it works perfectly multiple times.
So it looks like my bypass is affecting the starting of the car with the key when it detects two keys(the one from my bypass and the one in the ignition)? But then im kinda confused because wouldnt both keys have the same chip in them???
2014 Toyota Corolla
blanx218 
Silver - Posts: 654
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 12, 2014 at 3:53 PM / IP Logged  
Not all keys have the same chip. They are usually all different and the car learns the code of the key through a programming sequence. Do this for the bypass. Since Ive never seen a bypass of this kind with a yellow wire and it woks the way you have it hooked up, disconnect the black wire from ground and connect it to the blue (-) status output from the 5704. That should solve the issue. The bypass would only be active for the remote start sequence not all the time. The car is seeing two codes and is shutting down.
djabi90 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 18, 2014 at 5:38 PM / IP Logged  
blanx218 wrote:
Not all keys have the same chip. They are usually all different and the car learns the code of the key through a programming sequence. Do this for the bypass. Since Ive never seen a bypass of this kind with a yellow wire and it woks the way you have it hooked up, disconnect the black wire from ground and connect it to the blue (-) status output from the 5704. That should solve the issue. The bypass would only be active for the remote start sequence not all the time. The car is seeing two codes and is shutting down.
Ok, so I tried what you did and connect it to the Dark Blue (-) Status Output and the remote start works perfectly. However, when I try to start with the key , once I get to the ignition position, but not starting, the Status Output activates and makes the bypass module active. So it has the same result. I can hear the bypass activating because you can hear the relay switch in it move.
Now I tried connecting the bypass ground cable with the Violet / YELLOW (-) Starter Output. This sorta works, however, the bypass module does not stay on long enough for the ignition key to "sense" they key. It only turns on when the car is starting with the remote start which is like .5 seconds.
So im still scratching my head trying to figure out a way to have the bypass module only activate when the remote start sequence is on, but not activate at all when I have the key in the ignition switch.
2014 Toyota Corolla
catback 
Silver - Posts: 703
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 20, 2014 at 12:16 PM / IP Logged  
blanx218 wrote:
The car is seeing two codes and is shutting down.
More than likely both keys are transmitting simultaneously, creating undecipherable trash (noise) that the car doesn't understand so it shutting down because it isn't communicating with any key.
Hooking up a bypass is supposed to be a common thing, there should be a schematic on the interwebs on how everyone is wiring bypasses into the DEI's. I do recall something about using the status output but perhaps the brain needs to be programmed for the bypass in addition to just being wired to the status output so it properly controls the status wire/bypass.
shadowinfector 
Copper - Posts: 199
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 06, 2014 at 12:19 AM / IP Logged  
sorry for the late response.....just to be clear on my post regarding the ground when armed wire....i did not mean to ground that wire....i meant that it mustve been hooked up to a realy or something causing the car to not start with the key.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic