icon

5704v to dball2 d2d and no remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: July 21, 2014 at 6:10 PM / IP Logged  
Yes, I take that point, I've just been lucky with D2D so far.
When I get back to that Audi, it's naturally North West of Birmingham, about 120 miles away, I'll W2W it.
As for the CAN wires ORANGE / green hi and ORANGE / brown lo applies to all VW/Audi/Seat and Skoda from about 02. Before now I've picked them up anywhere but where Xpresskit say, wherever is easiest.
catback 
Silver - Posts: 703
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 21, 2014 at 7:04 PM / IP Logged  
My advice wasn't really referring to you although I hope it helps. It's more targeted towards the OP who was trying to save time and effort by only attaching two wires from the DBAll to the Audi and my how long that method has taken. When everything is hooked up per the install guide you can fault DEI or your wiring but no one can say you didn't follow instructions (Which really helps if you ever end up on the phone with DEI or even doing tech support here).
P.S. D2D should work and I don't believe that is the issue here or in your case howie.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: July 22, 2014 at 2:04 AM / IP Logged  
It's really teeing me off. I tried two DB-ALL2, reflashed both at least twice. Even tried direct power and ground to the module, still wouldn't take. Next option is to go back, try the pink wire on the black plug to ign as I suggested above or stick a CAN-EVO in.
The irony for the poor poster is that Falcon Electronics in Romania is the major European test and development centre.
catback 
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 22, 2014 at 9:33 AM / IP Logged  
Dove into fortin's instruction set for the EVO-All and they too hook up the Black, BLACK/ Red, Gray/Blue, and BLACK / YELLOW to what would be the GREEN/ Black and BLACK/ White on the DBAll. The fortin manual gives good indication that those wires are inputs to the bypass module for ignition and keysense respectively.
If this was MY car, for all the hassle thus far I'd just go ahead and wire up the full remote start just plant an uncut valet key somewhere utilizing the homebrew wire loop method. But then again I'm also someone who would be satisfied with what the audi was equipped with from the factory and not want to bother with all this just for the add-on security system.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: July 22, 2014 at 10:16 AM / IP Logged  
True but the factory system is garbage. Unlike VW they bury the siren in the rear quarter and it's somewhat muffled to put it nicely so owners inside their house can't hear it going off hence selling Vipers with LCD/OLED remotes.
catback 
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 22, 2014 at 10:53 AM / IP Logged  
If you can afford an Audi, you can afford a garage; at least in these parts you can. That's my solution to that 5704v to dball2 d2d and no remote start - Page 4 -- posted image.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: July 22, 2014 at 11:28 AM / IP Logged  
Ha,Ha garage space in this crowded island? Very droll, most of them are RS versions guys in their 20s and 30s who aren't married, live in apartments.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: July 22, 2014 at 11:30 AM / IP Logged  
My sister and brother in law older than me both retired, Audi and BMW!
$1.5m house, 70 metre driveway and a one car garage.
usermdr 
Member - Posts: 17
Member spacespace
Posted: July 22, 2014 at 2:55 PM / IP Logged  
I can get ignition from the cigarette lighter to program the DBALL but where to connect the ignition to DBALL?
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: July 22, 2014 at 3:06 PM / IP Logged  
Try the pink on the black plug and please let me know if works.
Page of 6

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic