icon

vss locations

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
falcon leader 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: June 04, 2014 at 3:21 PM / IP Logged  
Looking for help with tap locations for VSS on different vehicles. I have the opportunity to install 5 GPS tracking units but need help with VSS for the vehicles listed below. Any help on any or all vehicles would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
2010 Chevy Impala
2011 Chevy Impala
2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee
2012 Ford Fusion Hybrid
2014 Dodge Dart
wirewise 
Moderator - Posts: 489
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: June 05, 2014 at 9:00 AM / IP Logged  
I only have info for these 3. If I find the others, I will post them here.
2010 Chevy Impala
BROWN (AC) AT EBCM MODULE AT LEFT FRONT STRUT TOWER
2011 Chevy Impala
BROWN (AC) AT EBCM MODULE AT LEFT FRONT STRUT TOWER
2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee
DARK GREEN/ BROWN (AC) AT PCM MODULE ON PASSENGER FENDER UNDER HOOD
~wirewise~ Verify all wiring with your meter before making any connections!
falcon leader 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 05, 2014 at 11:40 PM / IP Logged  
Thank you wire wise for the quick response and information. I will keep tuned here to see if anyone comes up with a tip on the other vehicles.
Thanks!
Falcon Leader
falcon leader 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2014 at 7:19 AM / IP Logged  
Hello Wire Wise,
Thank you for helping me a few moths back. I was recently told that the Dead Reckoning Unit (DRU) on the Jeep is having trouble getting the speed sense. I spent a couple hours yesterday checking things out and did verify the connection to the PCM is in tact. I also was able to get a reading on a multi meter set to AC. when the vehicle is stopped it is at .19 or .20 and rises up to .29 or .30 as the speed increases. However, I also get the same reading if the vehicle is parked and the throttle is pushed. When drive testing with a laptop connected to the DRU the speed is showing 0 mph. The DRU was switched into another type of vehicle and works fine. Also, the DRU from that vehicle was tested in the Jeep and it did not read the speed either. The only difference in what you had described as a dk grn wire with brn trace is that the Jeep doesn't have that at the PCM. It does have a dk grn wire with dk orange trace and that is where the DRU is tapped and is where the readings I described are coming from. Please help.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic