icon

pac swi rc

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
techspeccc 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: June 20, 2014 at 6:01 PM / IP Logged  
hey yall i have a 2011 silverado with a pioneer avh 4600 in it with the pac 0s-4 and the hp swi-rc for the steering wheel interface.
i have followed the programming instructions to the T and i find that when i turn the truck on everything works fine for about 5 min and then the module seems to loose its progamming it will actually start to doing other commands that i did not assign. i noticed that the acc and battery wires seemed to be reversed on the relay needed for gm models. i swapped them but same results. do you think it could be a bad relay? or should i get the actual pac module. instead of the cheaper hp model.? thanks
racerjames76 
Silver - Posts: 581
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 21, 2014 at 7:37 AM / IP Logged  
How are your connections made? Soldered or crimp caps? If not soldered definitely solder. SWC use resistance for the commands and any poor connection can cause these symptoms.
Move the steering wheel to a different position as well. You may have a dirty or failing clock spring, but my guess is a poor connection at the radio harness. pac swi rc -- posted image.
To master and control electricity is perfection. *evil laugh*
techspeccc 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 21, 2014 at 11:21 AM / IP Logged  
that kinda makes sense. I was playing around with it last night and I waited until it started acting up again, so as soon as I pulled the radio out un scrunching the cables it worked fine.
it is connected with crimps.
I will try soldering connections next. thanks for your help ill let ya know.
techspeccc 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 03, 2014 at 4:21 PM / IP Logged  
so i finally got around to soldering all the connections. i am pretty good at soldering, and made sure that all connections were clean.
still having issues with it only working when it wants to.
do you know how hard it is to check the clock spring?
is that located under the airbag?
racerjames76 
Silver - Posts: 581
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 03, 2014 at 4:24 PM / IP Logged  
It is a sealed unit on modern cars and is quite typically not something a DIY'er should attempt.
Easiest and only self test you can do is to try and find a dead spot in it by turning the steering wheel slowly back and forth.
To master and control electricity is perfection. *evil laugh*

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic