icon

viper 5906v smart? this proves i'm not.

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
vicvolt 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: June 27, 2014 at 6:00 PM / IP Logged  
Hello out there 12volt family, it's been a long time since I've been this way. I've got a good one (I think)viper 5906v smart? this proves i'm not. -- posted image. maybe a first even! To keep it short I upgraded my viper 5901 to 5906 the security install went smooth (as usual) then remote start uh-oh! did not work transmitter reported that "remote start was not possible" now this is it! I connected my bitwriter and in short used the "zap" function, so now the unit is at factory default "0 transmitters" the problem is I'm unable to get the system into "pairing mode." There's no blue "led" and no "chirps" from the siren anymore. I tried the pairing steps anyway but transmitter reports "pairing failed" so I'm unable to do any programming of the system /transmitter. Any ideas that I can try before contacting Dei to have them do the re-pairing?
Learning is unending and as such the knowledge acquired. Vic
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: June 27, 2014 at 6:19 PM / IP Logged  
Make sure that either the green or violet depending on the vehicle which you should have mentioned, make model and year go to either ground if you used the green or 12v+ if you used the violet! keep the ignition on.
If the above fails, check your voltage at the 15 amp fuse to your ground.
First time I tried a pair I didn't realise that unlike programming you keep the ignition on.
vicvolt 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 28, 2014 at 1:37 AM / IP Logged  
Sorry about not mentioning 2004 Ford F150 supercrew 5.4L I did not know that was needed, thanks Howie. In reference to the violet or green color wires I take it that it pertains to H3 (remote start) if I'm correct the green is connected to the key side of the starter and the violet to the starter side. All voltages have checked out according to position of the key in the ignition on the connected wires, 0v off, 12.7v acc, 12.7v run, ignition wire 12.7v start /run, starter key side 12.7v at start drops to 0v at run so does the violet to the starter side. The alarm did function correctly before the "zap" I will check the wiring as it is presently for all connectors and post the information. Thanks again Howie for the input.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: June 28, 2014 at 1:39 AM / IP Logged  
No, H2 door triggers use green. Ground it, then try.
smokeman1 
Platinum - Posts: 1,588
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 28, 2014 at 6:25 AM / IP Logged  
Do you have any saved settings in the bitwriter that you can load into the 5906 to maybe get it to function?
I think I ZAPPED a Viper 571 once and couldn't do anything with it until I loaded a saved setting back into it.
If not, maybe you can connect to the 5901 and retrieve the settings from that.
You would have to power up the 5901 with a 12 volt source. Which can be done on the bench.
When all else fails, Read the Instructions
Support the12volt.com Make a Donation
vicvolt 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 28, 2014 at 2:44 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks Howie, thanks Smokeman, I had actually thought about the uploading /downloading file approach but was not sure it would be approved by the more knowledgeable members of the 12volt family, I'm happy to see that someone else thinks it's something that can be tried. In continuity I'm going to check Howie's suggestion and then move on accordingly, will post result(s) between actions. I'm trying to finish the "Honey do" list so I can get back to real business viper 5906v smart? this proves i'm not. -- posted image. Thanks again guys.
vicvolt 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 29, 2014 at 6:06 PM / IP Logged  
Howie, like Yoda and like Splinter you are the master; as soon as I connected the green wire I was back in business, this was just a few minutes ago so as I got through pairing I created this post. I'll try to get back to the remote start tomorrow 6/30/14 hopefully I'll get this done in a smooth fashion. Incidentally I tried the remote start function but get a message after the attempts stating "low battery" since there's no voltage present on the ignition wire during this time when there should be +12 volts I'm suspecting that I'll have to start from the key bypass, when I use the key in the ignition the truck starts with no problem. I'll keep updating with any results, thanks again howie and smokeman.
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,667
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: June 29, 2014 at 10:37 PM / IP Logged  
The instructions state "Door Open" That is what you just did with the green wire.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: June 30, 2014 at 12:20 AM / IP Logged  
Craig, I was working on the assumption of Ford NO door switch triggers and the Viper not having been programmed that way , hence "ground the green".
I always bench program and pair before the instal whenever possible.
vicvolt 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 08, 2014 at 7:37 PM / IP Logged  
Hey, guys okay you can call me the disappearing man viper 5906v smart? this proves i'm not. -- posted image. unfortunately for me I have not been able to get back to my project as yet, the grand and great grand kids have seen to that anyway while I'm waiting I ordered an evo all bypass it seems to offer a lot of add on for future projects, hope it's a good choice; will update accordingly and as always thanks.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic