icon

2013 avenger, omega window roll up

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
shafferny 
Copper - Posts: 240
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 08, 2014 at 4:02 PM / IP Logged  
I'm toying with the idea of installing a window roll up module(Omega AU-93-4) in my 2013 Dodge Avenger just for something to do and for the sake of learning how to do it. I enjoy this stuff. I understand how window roll up modules work but I just have a couple question about this particular unit.
First, what is the purpose of the ignition connection? Is it a safety feature?
Second, can I pick-up all my window motor connections in the drivers' door or must I connect at each window motor for this particular vehicle?
Oh, one more question(I guess that's more than a couple. Sorry) Is there a place to get wiring diagrams for this or is this strictly something that must be tested as you go, with no guidance of any sort?
Thanks in advance!
shafferny 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 16, 2014 at 3:04 PM / IP Logged  
105 views and no response. Hum...sounds like nobody knows the answer to this one. I guess I'll just have to do some testing.
yellow_cake 
Copper - Posts: 178
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 17, 2014 at 1:32 AM / IP Logged  
I think it's just that not many on here do window roll up systems so maybe the right person hasn't seen your thread but I'll give it a shot.
1. Most likely, my guess is that roll function is disabled when the ignition is on.
2. I would guess not. Being a 2013 Mopar, the drivers window switch will communicate with the TIPM through data so you can't tap into those wires... You will have to tap into each individual window motor. Someone else can confirm this as I'm only guessing based on what I know.
3. Usually people with dealer accounts have access to wiring charts to window functions. I know DEI's Directwire has info on window roll.
the12volt 
Administrator - Posts: 3,955
Administrator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 17, 2014 at 8:29 AM / IP Logged  
yellow_cake is correct.
The view count includes views by search engine spiders, guests, and members. 2013 avenger, omega window roll up
Yes, the ignition lead disables the unit as a precaution in case the trigger receives a signal while driving.
Even if all window motor leads are in a driver's door, it is always best to make your connections as close to each window motor as possible.
There will only be two wires at each window motor, so no need for a diagram, just a meter.
2013 avenger, omega window roll up -- posted image. the12volt • Support the12volt.com
shafferny 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 24, 2014 at 7:08 PM / IP Logged  
yellow_cake wrote:
2. I would guess not. Being a 2013 Mopar, the drivers window switch will communicate with the TIPM through data so you can't tap into those wires... You will have to tap into each individual window motor. Someone else can confirm this as I'm only guessing based on what I know.
Okay, I wasn't sure how that worked. I knew the the switch bank didn't function without the ignition on, but I wasn't sure whether the TIPM was simply cutting power TO switches or whether the outputs from the switches ran back through the TIPM. I wasn't aware they worked using data communications. Interesting.
shafferny 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 24, 2014 at 7:19 PM / IP Logged  
the12volt wrote:
yellow_cake is correct.
Yes, the ignition lead disables the unit as a precaution in case the trigger receives a signal while driving.
That makes sense.
the12volt wrote:
Even if all window motor leads are in a driver's door, it is always best to make your connections as close to each window motor as possible.
There will only be two wires at each window motor, so no need for a diagram, just a meter.
Again, makes sense.
I read somewhere on the forum that one installer said he always uses two 2 door window roll up modules on a four door vehicle. One gets placed in the driver's kick and the other in the passengers kick. I thought that was kind of interesting.
I'm not sure if I'll install the window roll-up function in my Avenger or not. As I said, I like learning this stuff, sometimes just for the sake of learning it. However, it would be nice to have it wired up to an aux output so if it starts down pouring I could trigger it without having to run out to the vehicle to roll up the windows. I don't have an alarm in the vehicle so it wouldn't really be for security reason.
Thank you both for the replies. This is BY FAR one of the best forums I belong to. Everyone here is awesome! Thank you!!!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic