factory alarm going off intermittently

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
scam404 
Copper - Posts: 113
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 08, 2014 at 6:08 PM / IP Logged  
Hey guys,
So a while back I installed a Viper 5904 with DBALL2 on my 09 mazdaspeed3, I am having a weird intermittent issue with the oem alarm on the car. Once out of every 20 or so remote starts or just normal unlocks (random) the oem alarm will go off when I open the door and get in, and wont go off until I use the factory fob to disarm it. I have the dball wired in to the door mux wire as instructed and it seems to work just fine as far as lock/unlock go, and the remote start works perfectly. I have disabled the option in the dball called "oem alarm control" or whatever it is, thinking that would fix it, but no dice.
So my question is this, have any of you experienced anything like this and if so how did you resolve it? Also, as an alternative, can i disconnect the dball from the oem door mux wire and hook up the lock/unlock wires from the viper to their corresponding wires instead and possibly resolve the issue?
Thanks!
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: July 09, 2014 at 5:06 AM / IP Logged  
Re-enable OEM alarm control, try programming the 5904 to Menu 3 Feature 16 "Remote Start Safelock" to ON.
racerjames76 
Silver - Posts: 581
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 09, 2014 at 9:36 AM / IP Logged  
Try Howie's suggestion first, but if that does not work you will have to eliminate the DBALL from the alarm control portion. Meaning you will have to hardwire the 5904 to the mux wire using resistors.
If you are using the lt. GREEN/ black disarm wire and the green lock wire you do not need to use relays as there is no internal circuitry shared. If you use the blue unlock wire programmed as safelock (before start/disarm) you will need to use relays to isolate the outputs. That is if memory serves me right and that car uses a single wire 1k ohm for lock/arm and ground for disarm/unlock. That may be backwards? Sorry do not have access to the diagram ATM.
If this is way off base please ignore!
Alternatively you can hook the blue or disarm wire up to the alarm mux wire in the car and the green lock wire directly through the resistor to the mux wire that only does the door locks. This will not re-arm the factory alarm though.
To master and control electricity is perfection. *evil laugh*
racerjames76 
Silver - Posts: 581
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 10, 2014 at 8:02 AM / IP Logged  
I just looked up an 09 Mazda 3 (not sure if that is exactly the same as the speed 3) and apparently that is the Mazda that uses a separate arm/disarm behind the glove box. No resistors needed for the arming and disarming.
factory alarm going off intermittently -- posted image.
To master and control electricity is perfection. *evil laugh*
scam404 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 10, 2014 at 8:08 AM / IP Logged  
thanks for the replies guys, I think what I am going to do is just eliminate the dball from the equation and just go back to the setup I had on my previous mazdaspeed which was using a PKFM and hard wiring the door lock/unlock wires from the brain, just sucks I have to make a door trigger inverter setup now and hook that up...
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: July 10, 2014 at 8:11 AM / IP Logged  
Before you go to that trouble have you tied following up on any of our suggestions?
scam404 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 10, 2014 at 8:15 AM / IP Logged  
I am going to give them a shot this weekend Howie, hopefully they take care of the issue and I wont have to buy another bypass.
scam404 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 12, 2014 at 2:34 PM / IP Logged  
Ok Howie I re enabled the oem alarm control and turned safelock on, I'll update in a few days if it takes care of the issue.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: July 12, 2014 at 2:40 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks , now we'll see.
scam404 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 13, 2014 at 7:10 PM / IP Logged  
OK Howie, so here is an update. After about 8 remote starts, the factory alarm went off again even with safelock on. So i proceeded to unhook the dball from the door mux wire, and hooked up the blue and green lock/unlock wires from the 5904 to the cars arm/disarm wires that racerjames was talking about. The lock and unlock work as expected in this configuration, but just out of curiosity i disabled the safelock, and with it disabled, the factory alarm goes off every time it is remote started. When i turned safelock back on, it remote starts fine.
Do you think it is the dball interface that is causing the oem alarm to go off? or is it a setting on the 5904...
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic