icon

first 2006 silverado 3500hd

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kcabbie 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: July 10, 2014 at 5:00 PM / IP Logged  
Good evening everyone. For the longest time I have wanted a viper remote system. I purchased the system(5906v) and a xk01 and they have both arrived. Hopefully the xko1 will do the job.
I have them here in front of me getting them ready. Connecting wires and removing un needed wires. I seen the post for 2003-2006 yukon and got all the information. My truck is athe 6.6l duramax diesel. Should I not have any problems?
I plan on doing D2D to ease the installation. From what I have read I am pretty confident in the install.
A few questions for you guys,
Where should i mount the shock sensor, does it really matter as long as it is fastened to a solid piece of the frame/dash?
How do I switch the parking lights to (-) for my truck?
Any thing specific to look out for on the diesels? It is a automatic.
Thanks for your help!
kcabbie 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 10, 2014 at 5:21 PM / IP Logged  
I only have the brown wire left on my xk01 to install to my viper system. It is asking for ground when running, Is this wire 23 in the 24 pin harness? (-) 200ma accessory out put?
Also, with running d2d i have a quick question. I have a welding rig and wish to add truck locks to the lids on the tool boxes in the future. I wish to open these with my remote. can this be done since my truck does not have a truck? Can i just wire it straight from the viper system into a relay going to the latches?
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: July 10, 2014 at 6:48 PM / IP Logged  
1) Dark blue wire aka status output on H2.
2) Yes. You can use either the RED / white on H2 or one of the aux outputs to trigger a relay.
kcabbie 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 10, 2014 at 10:53 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks Howie! Got the brown wire fixed up and most of the system installed. security system is working with a few minor issues.
first when I push unlock it says truck is open. I don't have a trunk?
Second, when programming the xk01 it says to hold down the program button to save mode 4 until the light flashes rapidly. It will only flash once then do nothing. Am I missing something?
Now my problem with the remote start. I could not figure out where to wire starter input. I believe i got the output on the correct wire(the one that goes to 12v while cranking only, heavy gauge wire yellow I believe).
Is it okay to run wires 4 and 9 from the rs plug off of the same ignition wire(white)?
Lastly(for now atleast!), do I have to wire the tach when doing d2d? I got the brake switch and the data wire done.
thanks for any help, hopefully I can get this completed tomorrow. Went a lot smoother than I though, just time consuming.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: July 11, 2014 at 1:09 AM / IP Logged  
1) Read the post top of the page on trunk triggers.
2) Can't help, never seen an XK01 here in Europe.
3) Starter wire input if you mean fused RED / black, this along with the red and RED / white plus red at H1 goes to a constant 12V+ source.
If you mean the starter wire, test, find and cut then green H3 to key side, violet H3 to starter side.
4) Frankly better to distribute your load, a heavy duty fusebox batt+ supply near to hand?
5)Does the XK01 supply tach? If so, you're good to go but you must still program for it.
Remember over here in Europe we might run into a unicorn more often than a Dodge Ram so every thing I'm telling you is theoretical with regards to your vehicle, I can't answer any questions on wiring colours.
kcabbie 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 11, 2014 at 9:13 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks so much again. I hooked the green wire(key side) to a constant 12+ (red under steering column). When I turn key to on position the truck cranks instantly. The 12+ from the green is automatically applied to the violet.
kcabbie 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 11, 2014 at 9:20 AM / IP Logged  
I removed the plug for the rs from the viper module. There is contact between Viiolet and green.
kcabbie 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 11, 2014 at 10:35 AM / IP Logged  
Here is how the rs is wired.
Orange accessory - orange accessory under column
Red black Fused 12+ accessory/starter input - brown accessory under column
Ignition 1 pink - pink ignition under column
Pink white ignition 2 flex relay out - white ignition under column
Red white 12+ fused ignition 2 / flex relay input - white ignition 2 under column
Red fused 12v ignition 1 - pink ignition under column
Pink black flex relay input - cut and taped off
Green starter input - red constant 12v ( temporarily unhooked becase of starting truck when ignition turned to on position)
Violent starter output - yellow starter wire under column
catback 
Silver - Posts: 703
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 11, 2014 at 11:04 AM / IP Logged  
This post scares me.
Firstly, a revision to your R/S harness connections. Changes are marked with asterisks
Here is how the rs is wired.
Orange accessory - orange accessory under column
Red black Fused 12+ accessory/starter input - RED (constant +12v) under column *****
Ignition 1 pink - pink ignition under column
Pink white ignition 2 flex relay out - white ignition under column
Red white 12+ fused ignition 2 / flex relay input - RED (constant +12v) under column *****
Red fused 12v ignition 1 - RED (constant +12v) under column *****
Pink black flex relay input - cut and taped off
Green starter input - CUT THE YELLOW STARTER WIRE, THE KEY SIDE GOES HERE (green wire) *****
Violent starter output - CUT THE YELLOW STARTER WIRE, THE OTHER (vehicle) SIDE GOES HERE (violet wire) *****
Secondly, if your doing D2D you shouldn't need to connect the "ground while running" status wire to the XK01.
kcabbie 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 11, 2014 at 11:59 AM / IP Logged  
Cat back. Thanks for the info. I made all of your revisions.
I wired in the hood switch , grounded the neutral safety switch, wired the tach.
Even though I did d2d I went ahead and paired up all the wires from the harness to the viper module. Even the ones that were not needed. Will this cause problems?
My remote start is still not working. I am not confident the ak01 has programmed successfully.
Any tips? Thanks again
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic