icon

first 2006 silverado 3500hd

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kcabbie 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: July 11, 2014 at 8:28 PM / IP Logged  
Alarm worked correctly but remote start did not. It finally got dark enough for my flashlight to create enough contrast under there. I had violet / white and black / white mixed up. Swapped them ready did tach learn then it fired right up.
How sensitive should the shock sensor be? I can rock the truck pretty hard and it doesn't even chirp.
Also, should I be able to turn on the defrost with my truck? I get a error when I try.
Thanks again for everything
catback 
Silver - Posts: 703
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 11, 2014 at 9:03 PM / IP Logged  
As per the XK01 install guide - "Defogger and Heated seats features may or may not function depending on the capabilities of the vehicle"
Activation of them by the XK01 is automatic upon remote start at 32ºF if the vehicle is capable.
As for the 5906v controlling the defogger by way of remote or automatically, that's an extra connection and programming step that has to be done.
kcabbie 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 11, 2014 at 9:08 PM / IP Logged  
Okay good. making sure everything is as it should be.
I turned the system arming to active w/o locks. I always work out side of my truck and leave the keys inside. So the alarm being on would not bother me but locking the doors would put me in big trouble.
I believe the only obstacle left is the turbo timer. I set it for 3 minutes and I believe I have to set the parking brake before I turn the truck off. It still shuts off. Is there more to it then just programming the viper?
I wish I could buy you a beer or something. You have made the difference 100% of this install. Glad I decided to give it a shot, but much more glad this forum is up.
kcabbie 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 11, 2014 at 9:44 PM / IP Logged  
Going back to the thread about the trunk message. I assume I need to buy the cable/device to hook up the bypass to my computer. I am also getting a door open message.
I found how to turn on the turbo timer, by turning on the with the remote. I seen there was a option to have a button on the dash but gave no further detail on what type of button to use.
How do I adjust the alarm sensitivity? I can't set the alarm off even if I try. I can jump on the bed and nothing. I already turned the screw on the side of the shock sensor. It has a red LED on the inside that flashes so I know it is hooked up.
catback 
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 12, 2014 at 6:56 AM / IP Logged  
Glad to help. Those that can should help those that can't but want to learn and that's what we do here first 2006 silverado 3500hd - Page 3 -- posted image.
With your door open message, where do you have your green and violet door trigger wires going? The violet one isn't needed and shouldn't be connected to anything, the green I assume based on this thread is wired to the violet/white wire on the XK01. That will work for the front doors but it doesn't pickup the rear doors so you'll have to hook-up the 5906v's green door trigger wire to rear door trigger wires on the truck.
For on-dash turbo timer, you'll need to add a momentary push button to the truck somewhere. Connect one side to ground and the other side to the WHITE/ blue activation input wire of the 5906v. With the turbo timer programmed on, pushing this button will start the turbo timer.
For the shock sensor, if you turn the adjustment screw clockwise it'll become more sensitive. If it just gives a quick flash that's a warn-away event, the light will give a long pulse to indicate a full trigger. You can test this while adjusting the sensor, you should easily be able to fully trigger the alarm by hitting the sensor with your hand. Placement and adjustment is really a fine art, if it's too sensitive thunder and loud subwoofers will set it off all the time and if it's too insensitive it'll never go off. So play with placement and adjustment to find your happy median.
kcabbie 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 12, 2014 at 11:09 AM / IP Logged  
You are correct, I hooked both wires to the xk01. I will remove the violet. Since the green wire is already being used to I just tie it in to the rear door wires? Three wires into one, all going to xk01?
I will definitely be hooking up a momentary switch somewhere. That is pretty simple.
catback 
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 12, 2014 at 12:51 PM / IP Logged  
Technically, all the door triggers go to the 5906v.
Your XK01 will connect to the 5906v (XK01 violet/white to 5906v green).
The trucks door triggers will also be connected to the green wire of the 5906v.
All the doors hooked up to the green trigger wire have to be diode isolated to keep the circuits separated and functioning in the manner intended.
kcabbie 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 13, 2014 at 11:04 AM / IP Logged  
I am understanding you now. Since the front doors are in the d2d I am considering hooking the rear doors to the green wire and the other to the trunk wire.
Is there a trick to turning auto arm off? I set to active arming but it still locks itself.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: July 13, 2014 at 11:34 AM / IP Logged  
Default mode is active arming, try changing back again.
Ref the rear doors, use the green wire and diode separate.
And to save you the next question, 1N4004, bands to doors.
kcabbie 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 13, 2014 at 11:53 AM / IP Logged  
Lol thanks howie
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic