first 2006 silverado 3500hd

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kcabbie 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: July 14, 2014 at 11:09 PM / IP Logged  
Okay, I'm back...
I've had a series of problems with my truck today. Thankfully this is probably the least of them(the bellows in the up pipe have cracked on the engine).
I swung by radioshack and picked up a momentary switch and the two diodes needed for the rear doors.
Today I only had time to wire up the switch. It works great, when the truck is already running. But since I installed the switch and wired it to wire #11(WHITE/ blue activation) my remote will not start the truck.
If I am sitting in the truck I can push the activation button and the truck will start(a full 12 min cycle, as if I were pushing the remote start on my key fob)
If i try with the remote it goes into remote start activation but then immediately deactivates. Does not give a reason, lights don't flash, just does not work. I can't even push remote start while the truck is running to put it into pit stop mode. It deactivates no matter what If the key fob is used.
also I noticed today when i used remote start(before it started acting up) a "service brake system" message was displayed. Is this something to do with my install? Its the first time I have seen it. Goes away as soon as I start driving.
thanks for any help
catback 
Silver - Posts: 703
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 15, 2014 at 7:36 AM / IP Logged  
If you unplug the wires from the back of the push button switch and leave them unplugged/hanging does the key fob work? If it does the problem is the type of switch (needs to be a momentary normally-open switch). If the problem persists recheck various programming options and any possibly affected wiring.
kcabbie 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 15, 2014 at 12:30 PM / IP Logged  
Catback, there is no change if unhooking the switch. I am also now getting a panic alarm while driving at random times.
Since I unhooked all the unnecessary wires going from the xk01 to the viper module I have not received and trunk alarms. But I do still get a door open alarm when all doors are closed. There is nothing hooked up to the green wire so it has to be the module, or the xko1 right?
The only way to leave the truck running is to push the activation button. Then to keep resetting it every 2-3 minutes to keep the timer going. I am fixing to double check all wires.
I read somewhere that the service brake system was from the truck starting up before the bcm had time to start the abs module up. I originally did not hook up the diesel wait to start wire because I was just going to use the timer when it got cold. I think If i hook this wire up it may give it that 1-2 seconds before cranking the system needs.. although this problem did not occur until yesterday.
kcabbie 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 15, 2014 at 5:30 PM / IP Logged  
Good news. I re did the tach learn and reset the xk01. The remote start is now working.
With the turbo timer, I tried adjusting the time to 6 minutes. The run time was still at 3 min. Then I tries changing the timer mode. It was set to 12 min and when I press the activation button it sets run time to 12 min. This is fine for me just putting this out there if anyone is having trouble programming the time.
Only issue I'm still having is the open door and possibly the service brake system.
Tomorrow I will be removing my up pipe... yippie
Thanks guys
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: July 15, 2014 at 5:32 PM / IP Logged  
Now reset that turbo timer for 2 minutes or less, anything over that time will ruin it.
kcabbie 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 15, 2014 at 6:23 PM / IP Logged  
Will do Howie, thanks again. Any input on the door open message?
kcabbie 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 17, 2014 at 10:19 PM / IP Logged  
No body has any input on the open door message? I have searched for hours with no results
catback 
Silver - Posts: 703
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 18, 2014 at 11:17 AM / IP Logged  
Where are your green and violet door triggers connected as of present? Do you get the message when the wires are not connected?
When the all the doors are closed the green door trigger wire should NOT see a ground on it and the violet should NOT see +12v. If the culprit isn't with those wires then it would be with the bypass module which can be isolated by disconnecting the D2D connection between the bypass and alarm. You hardwired W2W so you don't really need D2D anyway.
Page of 4

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic