icon

python 5106p manual trans 97 accord

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
linkarmy09 
Member - Posts: 49
Member spacespace
Posted: July 21, 2014 at 11:17 AM / IP Logged  

You know at first i did have the wrong cable so i got the remote started in automatic with the virtual tech mode. Later that week did some research found the correct tach cable and now it is connecrted so i attempted to remote start in manual mode.

I do belive the learning procedure for the tach mode is just to turn it on the car and let ir run for couple minutes? Someone correct if im wrong...

and could it be possible that the alarm still thinks its virtual tach mode? I guess i can remove fuse to alarm to reset it.

catback 
Silver - Posts: 703
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 21, 2014 at 11:28 AM / IP Logged  
linkarmy09 wrote:

You know at first i did have the wrong cable so i got the remote started in automatic with the virtual tech mode. Later that week did some research found the correct tach cable and now it is connecrted so i attempted to remote start in manual mode.

I do belive the learning procedure for the tach mode is just to turn it on the car and let ir run for couple minutes? Someone correct if im wrong...

and could it be possible that the alarm still thinks its virtual tach mode? I guess i can remove fuse to alarm to reset it.

Removing the fuse or power to these units does not reset anything (which is actually a good thing).
The tach learning process is outlined in the installation manual but essential goes:
To learn the tach signal:
1. Start the vehicle with the key.
2. Within 5 seconds, press and hold the Valet (Control) button.
3. After 3 seconds the system LED will light constant when the tach signal is learned.
4. Release the Valet (Control) button.
Learning the tach may or may not automatically change engine checking mode to tachometer.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: July 21, 2014 at 11:29 AM / IP Logged  
You're wrong, start engine, within 5 seconds press control centre button after a second or so LED should light up.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: July 21, 2014 at 11:30 AM / IP Logged  
Paths crossing again?python 5106p manual trans 97 accord - Page 2 -- posted image.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: July 21, 2014 at 11:31 AM / IP Logged  
Never seen a 5601, doesn't it have manual/auto selection in the menu?
catback 
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 21, 2014 at 1:02 PM / IP Logged  
That would be 5106 and yes it does have auto/manual in the programming menu.
Your following me python 5106p manual trans 97 accord - Page 2 -- posted image.
linkarmy09 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 21, 2014 at 2:21 PM / IP Logged  

ok i just looke at the manual and yea catback has it right, will give it a try after work today. An other thing i just noticed and not sure if it has anything to do. When arming the alrm i get the regular beep and couple seconds(4-5 sec) later i get an other beep, its not like when unlocking where you get a beep beep.

linkarmy09 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 21, 2014 at 2:23 PM / IP Logged  
or is there any other way to reset alarm brain, not like ive changed or modified any of the setting yet.
catback 
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 21, 2014 at 4:00 PM / IP Logged  
linkarmy09 wrote:

ok i just looke at the manual and yea catback has it right, will give it a try after work today. An other thing i just noticed and not sure if it has anything to do. When arming the alrm i get the regular beep and couple seconds(4-5 sec) later i get an other beep, its not like when unlocking where you get a beep beep.

The second chirp is a zone bypass notification, close your doors and trunk and you won't get this notification if you hooked up your triggers right.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: July 21, 2014 at 4:15 PM / IP Logged  
And if it's a domelight delay problem then you can eliminate it in the settings.
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic