icon

python 5106p manual trans 97 accord

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
linkarmy09 
Member - Posts: 49
Member spacespace
Posted: July 21, 2014 at 6:12 PM / IP Logged  

ok well all hood doors trunk are closed and dome supervision is currently disconnected because of some feature modifications i will do. what other zones can it be?

and regarding the tach learing i was unable to get the light on my control center and i was looking at the manual and it shows that the engine checking mode must be selected. Opt1 is virtual tech Opt2 is voltage opt3 is off and opt4 is tachmoeter. I did not have enough time on my break to change those but i guess i must change to "opt4 tachmeter" then do the learning procedure. will try that after work.

howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: July 21, 2014 at 6:16 PM / IP Logged  
Sorry assumed you read the instructions before attempting to program tach.
Shock sensor?
Proximity sensor?
Disconnect doors, green, trunk blue, and hood grey one at a time, closed doesn't mean a thing test wise, you might have a faulty switch pretty common on Hondas of that age.
linkarmy09 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 21, 2014 at 6:21 PM / IP Logged  
hmm seems like i have plenty of testing to be done. Well might not be able to do everything today but will get things tested and will get back with you guys, hopefully this will solve my issue and maybe help someone else in the same situation as i am. Definitely appreciate all the help.
catback 
Silver - Posts: 703
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 21, 2014 at 6:45 PM / IP Logged  
Testing which zone is bypassed is actually pretty easy, when the system is armed and does that extra chirp to notify you of a bypassed zone check the LED light it'll flash a number of times corresponding to the zone number that is currently being bypassed.
linkarmy09 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 24, 2014 at 8:56 AM / IP Logged  
Well guys I'm back. After going back to check everything I found my problem. I feel somewhat stupid because this is something I should of double checked.
So my hood pin wire and my tach wire were switched, witch is why my alarm would give me that extra chirp and why I was unable to get my tach input.
After correcting wires, set the setting to manual and tachometer input, followed you guys advise I am able to activate my mode and use my remote start.
I definitely want to thank this forum for all the support and help that is provided.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: July 24, 2014 at 9:32 AM / IP Logged  
Glad you were honest enough to admit so glad to help.
I have to tell you that IMO 70% of mistakes are wiring errors followed by 29% or maybe connected, not fully reading the instructions.
1% or less, faulty product.
linkarmy09 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 24, 2014 at 9:50 AM / IP Logged  
Yes this being my 3rd install I think I've learned plenty. I am only doing this as a hobby, I like electronics, so no harm done and I'm pretty sure my next install will go smoother.
Page of 3

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic