icon

remote start in 2007 silverado classic

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
tdappleman 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: July 25, 2014 at 11:51 AM / IP Logged  
I'm installing a Viper 4105V into a 2007 Silverado Classic (5.3, 4wd, crew cab). I've got everything connected including the DBALL from Directed using D2D. My question is on the Ignition #2 connection which is supposed to be white at the column. I do not have one on this truck. I have a pale yellow one which has no power at ACC, does have power at RUN and Start. I connect the Pink/White from the 4105V to the pale yellow and the truck tries to start and immediately dies. If I disconnect Ignition #2 completely the truck will start correctly and stay running but throws the check engine light for the trans control problem.
The Pink/White from the 4105V does have power if I remote start the truck - just can't seem to find which wire to connect it to so I do not have any shifting/trans codes popping up. Any ideas?
tdappleman 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 25, 2014 at 11:54 AM / IP Logged  
Forgot to include: The pale yellow has power if started with the key but does not have power if the remote start is used.
tdappleman 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 25, 2014 at 3:09 PM / IP Logged  
A little more information.....
I re-wired the unit and went back to W2W. I still have the truck immediately die after it starts. The remote start diagnostics is 3 flashes or Low or No RPM. I've tried tach, virtual tach, voltage and off on the Engine Checking option. I've tried longer crank times and tried changing the Activation pulse count. I still get the check engine code for the transmission issues if the 2nd Ignition is not connected and it immediately dies if it is connected.
I'm really out of ideas and am hoping someone may have something I can try out there.   Appreciate those who have looked at this so far!
dasbogie 
Silver - Posts: 514
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 25, 2014 at 4:16 PM / IP Logged  
What does the security light do when you try to remote start the truck? I haven't run across a gm truck without 2nd ignition. Sometimes colors fade, I've seen yellows look white and white look yellow, red looks pink and vice versa. The white second ignition usually runs right along side the orange and brown wires over that metal shroud and to the ignition switch. You have verified proper programming of dball? You say it's a Silverado classic, is it flashed with the proper firmware? In other words if someone flashed the module for you then understood it's not the newer body style but the 03-06?   Does the dball light up when you r/s?
Advanced
catback 
Silver - Posts: 703
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 26, 2014 at 12:59 PM / IP Logged  
I agree with dasbogie, sounds like your running up against the factory immobilizer. Your wiring of the dball is fully completed? Have you done the programming? Did everything happen the way the programming instructions said it would (light flashes)?
tdappleman 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 26, 2014 at 1:08 PM / IP Logged  
dasbogie wrote:
What does the security light do when you try to remote start the truck? I haven't run across a gm truck without 2nd ignition. Sometimes colors fade, I've seen yellows look white and white look yellow, red looks pink and vice versa. The white second ignition usually runs right along side the orange and brown wires over that metal shroud and to the ignition switch. You have verified proper programming of dball? You say it's a Silverado classic, is it flashed with the proper firmware? In other words if someone flashed the module for you then understood it's not the newer body style but the 03-06?   Does the dball light up when you r/s?
It was flashed for a Classic. For the light flashing on the DBALL - it doesn't always flash which I thought was weird. The theft light blinks which appears to be pointing to the DBALL. I did try a Fortin module last night with slightly different results. With it installed and starting the truck with the key it tries to start when the ignition is just turned to 'on' vs. 'start'. When I try to remote start with it I get just a short crank no matter what I have the crank time set to. I now have the DBALL re-installed.
catback 
Silver - Posts: 703
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 26, 2014 at 1:43 PM / IP Logged  
Make sure your wiring is absolutely correct, just putting in the fortin should not have had that effect with the ignition. 100% correct wiring is mandatory for the fortin, dball, or any other module to work and program correctly.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic