viper 211hv keyless entry

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
theburb 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: July 25, 2014 at 3:05 PM / IP Logged  
Hello guys,
I was wondering, when you arm (with remote) a simple Viper 211HV or an Avital 2101L keyless car entry system when a door(switch) is left open, does it lock or not? Or does it senses a door is left open en therefor refusses to lock?
This with all the wires correctly connected, also the dome light supervision.
Thanks in advance
dasbogie 
Silver - Posts: 514
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 25, 2014 at 4:09 PM / IP Logged  
The keyless units do not have a door trigger input therefore will not sense when the door is open. Usually it's the vehicle that doesn't like it when the door is open and lock is pressed. It all depends on the vehicle though. Some cars don't mind a bit what you do when a door is ajar. Some do.
Advanced
theburb 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 25, 2014 at 4:13 PM / IP Logged  
dasbogie wrote:
The keyless units do not have a door trigger input therefore will not sense when the door is open. Usually it's the vehicle that doesn't like it when the door is open and lock is pressed. It all depends on the vehicle though. Some cars don't mind a bit what you do when a door is ajar. Some do.
Thanks for your answer, that was all I need to know.
Do all other simple keyless entry's act that way? such as the autopage rf225? it's not an alarm offcourse..
theburb 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 25, 2014 at 4:17 PM / IP Logged  
My car is about 27 years old, it doesn't mind if a door is left open, but the dome light will stay on when a door is not closed all the way. It will drain the battery and you won't notice it, thats why I was curious.
catback 
Silver - Posts: 703
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 26, 2014 at 1:10 PM / IP Logged  
Just for extra info. Even with a door trigger an alarm/remote start/keyless aftermarket system will send the lock signal to the vehicle. Whether the locks actuate or stay locked is a function of the vehicle and while your car may be 27 years old I've seen anti-lockout features on cars that old, some were electrical/electronic in nature and some where mechanical. For the most part most people never need to bother with this information as they tend to close their doors before they hit lock on the remote. Like you probably do, most are also anal about making sure the door is all the way closed - if it doesn't look closed they do it again.
theburb 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 26, 2014 at 2:07 PM / IP Logged  
I think it makes sense what you're trying to say. it's a pneumatic system, but in this case it doesn't makes a difference. I'm a bit anal about it I think, but the other day a friend didn't close is all the way.. Since I refuse to always check every door is closed and because I like electronics I was thinking maybe a keyless antry is a solution. But No I think I keep it like this, thanks

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic