icon

python 871xp cannot get programming mode

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
stanedwards 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: July 26, 2014 at 9:55 PM / IP Logged  
I have a Honda CRV with 3rd party installed Python 871XP.
Everything works great, but I need to add a new remote control. My old one still works, but I need a new one added.
I have read the installation guide and read multiple forums, but nobody has the answer.
To enter the programming mode, I do:
1) Open the door
2) Key to the ON position
3) Press and release the Valet button once - to select channel 1
4) Press and HOLD the Valet button one more time
No siren chirp!! No LED blink!!
Nothing.
Btw, the Valet button works. I am able to put the car alarm into Valet Mode using the Valet button.
I have read somewhere that car alarms can have the programming mode disabled using jumper settings. However, I am yet to find more information on that.
I would appreciate any help on that.
I am desperate.
Thanks
Stan
catback 
Silver - Posts: 703
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 27, 2014 at 12:08 AM / IP Logged  
First things first, make sure the door pin is working. Arm the alarm and ensure it triggers when you open the door. Do the same with the ignition. This ensures those alarm inputs are working as they are required as part of the programming process.
If the inputs are working and you can't get into the programming then it's locked and you will need a bitwriter to unlock it.
stanedwards 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: July 28, 2014 at 9:06 PM / IP Logged  
I solved the problem.
My current old alarm is slowly failing. When I arm or disarm the system it continues to beep. To silence the remote, I press the disarm button again. By doing that I effectively send another "event" to the alarm system.
When I ignored all the beeping made by the old alarm, and entered the programming sequence, the system chirped indicating that it is entering a programming mode.
catback, thank you for your reply. It made me think and spend extra time in the car trying other combinations, including ignoring the failing old remote beeping.
I was able to program the new remote.
Thanks
catback 
Silver - Posts: 703
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 29, 2014 at 1:20 AM / IP Logged  
Your welcome...Could your old remote be in need of a new battery? python 871xp cannot get programming mode -- posted image.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic