the12volt.com spacer
icon

2001 corolla, dei 535t, viper 5706v

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: October 15, 2015 at 9:12 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
OK, no tilt sensor has to join either trunk or hood triggers otherwise it won't set off the alarm.
Yes, then ask for dome supervision.
tdi200 
Member - Posts: 46
Member spacespace
Posted: October 15, 2015 at 9:28 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote tdi200
ok i got you thanks for the help i will just show the installer your message and also i have trunk pop but when car is armed and i use the key to open the trunk the alarm never triggers but when i normaly open the trunk with the remote, the remote does show that trunk open
tdi200 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 15, 2015 at 9:33 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote tdi200
and actually yes my tilt sensor every now and than does trigger right after about 5 to 10 seconds when i arm the car
tdi200 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 15, 2015 at 1:38 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote tdi200
Does anybody know if its possible to get Map light (the light under the rear view mirror) work as dome like supervision if so where is the location of the wire or how to wire it
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: October 15, 2015 at 1:43 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Do you really want to open up that mirror?
tdi200 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 15, 2015 at 2:01 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote tdi200
sounds like its a complicated job? i thought may be its something similar to domelight supervision that uses door trigger
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: October 15, 2015 at 2:04 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Separate circuits but you'll have to switch it on all the time then cut the ground wire coming from the rear view and connect to the dome light switched ground. From your various questions don't even go there. You've had it if it's grounded through the mirror base.
tdi200 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 16, 2015 at 7:56 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote tdi200
Thought to update you guys anyways yesterday the installer worked on my car and only got the dei 535t done plus took him 2 hours, failed the dome light supervision nor did he manage to run wire for hood pin he was very reluctant to listen to me nor read the print outs i brought in telling me he has been doing this for 30 years and after getiing 535t done he tells me dome light supervision couldnt get it done cause car uses negative door trigger and requires relays and i had brought the relays as well and i told him everything was here on the print out but u never wanted to listen i am sure he felt stupid, that was the worst installer i have ever come across charged me $160 and than telling me driver side door motor is almost dying and that is why the driver window moves an inch or so, and stops while the rest 3 windwos work perfect and quote me another 160 to get the motor replaced overall not happy plus i see the wire going from the switch to the door between the door (over the hinge where the door is connected to the body) i HOPE with time those wires dont rip off due to the open and closings of the door
tdi200 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 16, 2015 at 8:12 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote tdi200
And also another question i was thinking about starter kill/anti-hijack kind of thing like is it possible to have something like whenever any of the door is opened and closed when car is on, the driver should press a hidden switch usually under the seat within 5 seconds or various chirps before the car turns off if the switch is not pressed the car turns off itself since the injector will stop receiving the power feed, sounds crazy but this just came to my mind as a better kill switch options unlike we see them online talking about physically turning on and off the switch to feed the power
Page of 3

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic