Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: September 19, 2014 at 1:36 AM / IP Logged  
Just a couple of other basics here.
Remove key from ignition.
Make sure the striker cam on the lock is turned to simulate the door being closed on whichever door is open.
catback 
Silver - Posts: 703
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 19, 2014 at 1:52 AM / IP Logged  
howie ll wrote:
I think I also suggested measuring the voltage between red and black on the H1 pliug, let's face it we don't know what else works and doesn't.
I refer you to page 15, the remote start works. There was some issue with the parking light, when connected the car wouldn't (remote) start.
jgerard81 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: September 19, 2014 at 2:56 AM / IP Logged  
My entire theory was based off the one wire multiplex system, where adding resistance changes the function. (In this case, no function) Chassis ground triggers lock / unlock, but ground pulse from viper does not. Remote start only works when parking lights are not connected. I honestly do not know enough about these systems to say I am 100% certain. Based off those facts is what lead me to think he has a weak ground, because current is only strong enough for the R/S relays when the parking lights are not pulling current also.
wissam1981 
Copper - Posts: 116
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 19, 2014 at 9:33 AM / IP Logged  
Hello,
i uploaded a video, i hope you can watch it and figure out what the problem
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4reBZwmmCY
P.S. sorry for bad english
catback 
Silver - Posts: 703
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 19, 2014 at 11:18 AM / IP Logged  
Well done video, and the wiring looks nice and clean.
First off it irks me to hear the locks trigger that second time and when you plug it into the viper. Does the car normally make that second lock or unlock motion a few seconds after unlocking or locking?
Second, we can easily test jgerard81's theory. With one end of the test light connected to ground (as in the video I assume) take the other end (pointy end) and apply it to the black ground wire in the 6-pin main harness. Leave your ground connection hooked up, don't disconnect it. With the test light giving an extra ground path try the locks with the viper remote.
Third, one by one start pulling plugs off the viper and retest the locks after pulling a plug leaving only the main harness, door lock, and antenna by the time you are finished.
wissam1981 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 19, 2014 at 1:04 PM / IP Logged  
catback wrote:
Well done video, and the wiring looks nice and clean.
First off it irks me to hear the locks trigger that second time and when you plug it into the viper. Does the car normally make that second lock or unlock motion a few seconds after unlocking or locking?
No it doesn't, this is happening when i just plugging the doors wires to viper.
wissam1981 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 19, 2014 at 2:31 PM / IP Logged  
catback wrote:
howie ll wrote:
I think I also suggested measuring the voltage between red and black on the H1 pliug, let's face it we don't know what else works and doesn't.
I refer you to page 15, the remote start works. There was some issue with the parking light, when connected the car wouldn't (remote) start.
this issue was solved, all the features work as a charm ( except doors wires )
wissam1981 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 20, 2014 at 5:00 AM / IP Logged  
howie ll wrote:
it's 13v on multimeter
wissam1981 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 20, 2014 at 6:37 AM / IP Logged  
catback wrote:
Second, we can easily test jgerard81's theory. With one end of the test light connected to ground (as in the video I assume) take the other end (pointy end) and apply it to the black ground wire in the 6-pin main harness. Leave your ground connection hooked up, don't disconnect it. With the test light giving an extra ground path try the locks with the viper remote.
guys i think i figure out what the problem, the issue with black wire ( Ground ) in 6 pin connector, i just use the light test ( Ground it ) and connect the other end to black wire, the lock and unlock work with viper remote, see this video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gD-IiQWj-ao
i need your solution, what should i do ?
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: September 20, 2014 at 10:51 AM / IP Logged  
Interesting, didn't I mention that a while back as in test the outputs?
Page of 22

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic