icon

Viper 5706v, 2010 Hyundai Elantra

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
catback 
Silver - Posts: 703
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 24, 2014 at 10:45 AM / IP Logged  
Howie, I'm glad you work on 12v electronics and not computers. That last link is utterly useless to us out on the internets.
If you can do without the dball2 and can do something else with it then I'd say do it (leave it out).
On this model year (2010) elantra the dball2 only does transponder bypass and tach output so if your car doesn't have a transponder key then the only thing the dball2 would be doing is tach output.
What does this professional normally do work wise? The part of the viper diagram that covers door locks is expressly to the point and simple. It doesn't have a 5 wire/central locking internal relay setup, if he needs that stuff then a 451m module is what he needs to go with the viper.
wissam1981 
Copper - Posts: 116
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 24, 2014 at 10:46 AM / IP Logged  
howie ll wrote:
This:-
Go to Xpresskit, look up your vehicle, type 2 diagram.
Okay, I have it, i need to Know some symbols
1-    i don't know what (-) GWR (Status) stand for and where to connect it to Viper ( to which wire or harness ) ??????
2- 5: Violet/White: (AC) Tach Output ( same as above ) where connect to ????
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: August 24, 2014 at 10:50 AM / IP Logged  
Whoah Catback, Oriental vehicle needing anything but NEG lock triggers?
Only early UK spec Lexus IS and some Mits models not sold in the US.
The point I was making was that it was far easier to do it with DB-ALL2.
I did a 2010 Yaris on Friday, UK version needs a hood switch and tach is pin 9 on the OBD ll I bought a 556U AND a DB-ALL2 with me, easier to hard wire.
catback 
Silver - Posts: 703
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 24, 2014 at 11:02 AM / IP Logged  
Howie, I'm not saying how to do it or what needs to be done. Just addressing what the "Pro" might be looking for. Some alarms/keyless units have a built-in 451m type "central lock" deal so if the guy is expecting to see that well he won't unless he gets a 451m.
(-) GWR (Status) = Ground While Running status that is active when the wire is connected to ground (-)...This is how the remote start tells the bypass that a remote start session is taking place, the remote start unit grounds this wire during a remote start.
(AC) Tach Output = Tachometer/RPM output from the dball2 to the remote start. The dball2 reads the tach/rpm through the vehicle's CAN/Data system and generates an AC signal to send to the remote start unit. The remote start unit uses a tach signal to determine when the car has started and if the car is running.
wissam1981 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 24, 2014 at 11:02 AM / IP Logged  
BTW, my car doesn't have OBD2 too
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: August 24, 2014 at 11:04 AM / IP Logged  
Oh yes I does where are you. Every vehicle in the world has either an OBD 1 from c.1998 or OBD ll from 2008.
And there are other places to pick up those CAN Hi and Lo wires, BCM, driver door loom etc.
wissam1981 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 24, 2014 at 11:09 AM / IP Logged  
catback wrote:
(-) GWR (Status) = Ground While Running status that is active when the wire is connected to ground (-)...This is how the remote start tells the bypass that a remote start session is taking place, the remote start unit grounds this wire during a remote start.
(AC) Tach Output = Tachometer/RPM output from the dball2 to the remote start. The dball2 reads the tach/rpm through the vehicle's CAN/Data system and generates an AC signal to send to the remote start unit. The remote start unit uses a tach signal to determine when the car has started and if the car is running.
this is good information, but where should be hugged up with viper ????
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: August 24, 2014 at 11:13 AM / IP Logged  
Not needed if you use the DB-ALL2, in D2D mode, that's why the diagram shows dotted lines.
Again where are you, why should I answer your questions when you don't acknowledge mine?
wissam1981 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 24, 2014 at 11:18 AM / IP Logged  
howie ll wrote:
Again where are you, why should I answer your questions when you don't acknowledge mine?
i am sorry about that, i am in Middle East
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: August 24, 2014 at 11:30 AM / IP Logged  
Where?
Page of 22

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic