icon

2014 ford fusion w/smartkey

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
danmc85 
Member - Posts: 44
Member spacespace
Posted: July 29, 2014 at 1:55 PM / IP Logged  
I was wondering if anyone with access to directechs has any information related to wiring a DBALL2PRO from the Viper 5210 System with Viper VSM200 Smart Start (pulled from old vehicle with active subscription). I have my unit installed but it is not communicating when commands are sent over D2D, and yes the brown wire is cut. I appreciate and ideas or help. Also if anyone has the wiring off directechs or any tips they can post so I can confirm the xpress kit wiring is right that was posted with the firmware.
Here is an overview:
I now have my Viper VSM200 Module that was in my 2008 Ford Escape in my new 2014 Ford Fusion. It was installed prior using ESP now it has the brown wire cut for D2D Communication.
The DBALL2Pro from the Viper 5210 is configured for both the SmartStart option and the 9856V Viper 2-way LED RF Kit in XPRESS VIP 4.5 with XKLoader2. The keyfob works fine for remote start and lock functions, but anytime any command is issued from smartstart app (tried both iphone or android) to the VSM200 it just gives the error: "Command received but failed to execute"
Additionally, if it could be the cause of potential issues, today is the first day this VSM200 has been powered on since February. The subscription is still good until 2016 on it.
Vehicle: 2014 Ford Fusion Titanium w/ Push to Start
DBALL2PRO - 800.FORD10 v1.12.290d - TYPE 2 Installation
danmc85 
Member - Posts: 44
Member spacespace
Posted: July 30, 2014 at 9:26 PM / IP Logged  
Turns out the issue was the VSM200 SmartStart module needed a firmware update pushed to it from Directed to enable support for D2D communication as it still had older firmware on it.   All is well now and this post can be discarded.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic