the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

rs/al problems 2007.5 ram 2500

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,781
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 31, 2014 at 2:55 PM / IP Logged  

Well, that's the right connector.  The wire colors and pin positions look correct. 

Yes, that's the way I've always done them, all connections right at the transponder plug.  It is not unusual to have

the vehicle start chiming when it's all wired up, before actual programming.  But it still programs normally.  After that,
the chiming ends and everything should work.

Could be a bad module, but that is very rare.  First step would be to triple check all the bypass module wiring.

Next, I would try a Factory Reset on the bypass module then select Standard Install Mode ( W2W - two blinks ) and

lock it in.  Then program the bypass module to the truck.

If that didn't work, I would re-flash the ADS AL-CA module and try again.

Last option would be trying another ADS AL-CA module.

Soldering is fun!
jayray87 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: July 31, 2014 at 2:59 PM / IP Logged  
Thats kind of the same line that I was thinking on.
I don't know if it helps and I don't know as much about multiplex as I should, but I noticed that when I test the MUX wire at start up it goes from 4V to around 1-2V during startup, but the yellow wire coming from the Idata, stays constant at 10V. I was wondering if this could point to the wrong firmware being installed, but then how would everything else be working.
Thanks for the help, gonna try another factory reset on the Idata.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,781
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 31, 2014 at 5:29 PM / IP Logged  

The only way to know for sure which Firmware is flashed on the module is with the ADS USB cable and logging into the WebLink site.  The white label on the box just shows which Firmware was loaded at the Factory.  That could have changed prior to your obtaining the module.

Soldering is fun!
jayray87 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: July 31, 2014 at 5:33 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the help kreg. I am going to return the alarm, since I am not convinced that it is working. I am going to buy the T-harness from idata, and use it, after making sure that the firmware is correct.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic