icon

remote start 2001 gmc yukon

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
pole702 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: July 31, 2014 at 10:29 AM / IP Logged  
Okay it's my first time doing a remote start and I'm kinda lost. I have the wiring diagram from directed I am just a little bothered by what colors on my avital 5303 goes to what wires in the harness...
catback 
Silver - Posts: 703
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 31, 2014 at 11:52 AM / IP Logged  
It's a matching game, you take the manual for the avital and the wiring diagram for the yukon and match the functions of the various wires to each other e.g. the starter output from the avital would go to the starter wire on the yukon.
If you have specific questions on something or want a second opinion then ask away but we aren't here so people don't have use mental muscle and figure things out as much as they can. We're like teachers, we point you to the materials, go over the subject matter, answer questions you may have, but we don't just give you the answers to the test.
racerjames76 
Silver - Posts: 581
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 31, 2014 at 12:24 PM / IP Logged  

To follow Howie I want to leave a like for catback's response. That is the most eloquent way of putting I have heard yet.

To the OP we are here to help and do so gladly, but most of the people responding get paid to do so (in their full time jobs), but come here to help for free.

On topic your best bet is to match functions and use the provided worksheet here in the stickied threads. Write out what you feel you should be doing and then we can review and make suggestions based on your attempt. remote start 2001 gmc yukon -- posted image.

To master and control electricity is perfection. *evil laugh*
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: August 01, 2014 at 1:01 AM / IP Logged  
X 2 With Racerjames and of course a like for Catback's comment.
I've seen this come up at least twice on recent posts, you know full well that you wouldn't trust some people to change a light bulb but how do you do it diplomatically.
Between rushing off to Birmingham (240 miles return) to do a pair of R/S+ security installs, then off to Central London to do a few tracker installs, how do we as pros find the time?
The way the OP posts is indicative of a lack of knowledge, one's knee jerk reaction is "painting" by numbers.
It just doesn't work I'm afraid.
I'd much rather help the person who's started the install and has specific questions, either knowledge or specific vehicle based.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: August 01, 2014 at 5:07 PM / IP Logged  
On reading this again, if I'd have thought of this line I may not have been demoted from Platinum at least once:-
"We point you to the materials, go over the subject matter, answer questions you may have, but we don't just give you the answers to the test."
With your permission Catback I'm going to use it in future.
Much better than telling someone "you can lead a horse to water....".
smokeman1 
Platinum - Posts: 1,588
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 03, 2014 at 6:31 AM / IP Logged  
A little help to get you started. Links to wiring info. Wiring info are just guides and may not be correct. Compare different sources, but Test all wires with a DMM prior to making your connections. On a vehicle that old the wire colors may have faded with age.
http://www.bulldogsecurity.com/bdnew/vehiclewiringdiagrams.aspx
http://www.commandocaralarms.com/wiringsearch.asp
http://techservices.codesystems.com/Login.aspx Sign up is free.
H3, H6, and H8 all to the 12 volt source. H1 to starter, (if not cutting starter wire) other wise H1 to starter side of cut and H2 to key side of cut.   H5 to Ing 1 wire and H7 to Ing 2 wire. H4 to Acc.
When all else fails, Read the Instructions
Support the12volt.com Make a Donation
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: August 03, 2014 at 6:59 AM / IP Logged  
Smokey, edit please. E.G. H3/3, H3/6 etc.😱
smokeman1 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 03, 2014 at 10:06 AM / IP Logged  
Hey Howie,
The Avital wiring harness list the heavy gauge wires as just H1, H2, ect. These wires come off of a satellite relay harness.
Not like the usual Viper harness we work with H3/1, H3/2...
catback 
Silver - Posts: 703
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 03, 2014 at 11:07 AM / IP Logged  
Your both wrong, MY guide (for the 4103) lists them as H2/1 thru H2/6 remote start 2001 gmc yukon -- posted image.
It's just a big ol mess of confusion I tell ya, the H numbering varies among units and guides.
smokeman1 
Posted: August 03, 2014 at 12:14 PM / IP Logged  
I think we are talking about the Avital 5303
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic