icon

gmdlbp locking out radio

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
robob16 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: August 03, 2014 at 10:16 AM / IP Logged  
I'm guessing there is a factory alarm, when sitting inside key out of ignition, use remote to lock the horn sounds repeatedly when opening the door. Should I use the factory disarm wire from the avital unit? If so where does it connect? and is it positive or negative?
robob16 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 03, 2014 at 10:26 AM / IP Logged  
Following avital options programed.
Horn honk pulsesoff
Ignition controlled lock       off
Ignition controlled unlock     off
Lock pulse duration 0.8 seconds
Unlock output   1 pulse
Lock output     1 pulse
Factory alarm disarm  with unlock
(should this be changed? or does it matter without wire connected)
Factory alarm disarm  1 pulse
Comfort closure off
Panic  off
Engine Check    Tach mode
Run Time        25 minutes
Parking lights constant
Crank time      0.6 sec
Activation pulse2
2nd ignition    ignition
accessory during wait to start   off
2nd status      normal
antigrind       on
wait to start   off
run time(timer) 1 minute
catback 
Silver - Posts: 703
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 03, 2014 at 11:59 AM / IP Logged  
Avital H1/1 Light GREEN/ Black - Violet/White GMDLBP
That would be factory/OEM alarm disarm but should be unnecessary as the unlock accomplishes the same task.
Your wiring looks good.
You have the GMDLBP set to vehicle platform type 4? With that you can try a different module or wire the lock wire in direct
https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/downloads.asp?srch=all&term=techtips+1601
With that last point I'm assuming your troubles are being induced by the lock signal going over the data line. It'd be nice to test your issues against a factory radio to know if the vehicle end is working as designed or if the BCM is asleep at the wheel and not waking up the radio as it should.
robob16 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 03, 2014 at 12:22 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks I'll give it a try. Yes I do have gmdlbp in platform 4. Unfortunately I never had a factory radio, and the factory remote key fob never worked.
robob16 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 03, 2014 at 8:34 PM / IP Logged  
Connected GREEN/ black at the RS to the violet/white at the GMDLBP, also reprogrammed RS to turn off factory security prior to unlock. Still having random radio failure to power on. Going to turn off RS for a day to ensure it isn't a problem with the radio interface. If that doesn't work I guess I will wire the radio direct to a constant and ignition source.
robob16 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 05, 2014 at 1:00 PM / IP Logged  
I have had no problem with the remote start off. When I turned the R/S back on problem started again. I am leaning towards the battery rundown protection system shedding power to the radio. Any suggestions on how to bypass?
sparkie 
Platinum - Posts: 2,061
Platinum spacespace
Posted: August 05, 2014 at 7:13 PM / IP Logged  
You could have a few issues.The Brown accessory wire in the truck should be powered and make sure that it loses power during crank. The GMDLBP went through many updates to resolve many little quirky issues like this and you may have an older firmware version. I gave up using PAC's new radio replacement modules. They had a lot of problems when they released them. I went back to their OS4 units for GM vehicles. One of the things you can do to help pin point the problem is to remote start the truck while sitting in it. If the radio doesn't work, check all other accessories like power windows and wipers. The fact that you are having issues with the alarm on the truck, I would suggest that it is time to update the GMDLBP with a new module.
sparky
robob16 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 05, 2014 at 7:41 PM / IP Logged  
I think it is the gmdlbp. I have had no problem with the PAC interface, and it worked flawless with the r/s grounded off. I just checked and I have constant 12v at the radio, the BCM is just not waking up the radio intermittent when the remote start is turned on (not grounded out). Functions such as memory seat and mirrors work, so I don't think it is the complete BCM asleep. Intermittent problems just irk me.
davep. 
Gold - Posts: 641
Gold spacespace
Posted: August 06, 2014 at 10:47 AM / IP Logged  
That you pull the RADIO fuse to reset the radio indicates to me that it is the PAC that is "locking out". When you disable the RS, you are also disabling the GMDLBP.
I'm only guessing here, but I feel the crux of your problem is that the GMDLBP sends an unlock pulse, starts the car, the BCM car settings are set for "lock with ign" and the BCM sends another lock pulse that the PAC interprets as a door opened and shuts off its power to radio. Or something like that.
If your pulling the RADIO fuse, you're resetting the PAC. Something is "upsetting" the PAC. I think it's lock pulses being interpreted as RAP messages.
You may have to download the PAC software to change the car settings in the BCM that are set using the stock radio. I would start by changing any car settings that lock the doors with ignition on/off to OFF.
catback 
Silver - Posts: 703
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 06, 2014 at 11:09 AM / IP Logged  
That's quite a theory there, only thing about it that doesn't sound feasible is the "lock w/ ign off"...In general any lock action that takes place with ignition turning off would be unlocking, whether it be a factory feature or part of the aftermarket module.
To test that theory of being a RAP shutdown command, one should be able to turn the car completely off, open the door, get in the car, and with the key start the vehicle and the radio should then come on. With this the BCM should have sent any RAP shutdown commands it feels it needs to (when the door opens) and by starting the ignition the BCM should send a fresh wake up command. Which should wake up the radio.
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic