icon

bose stereo replacement 04 sierra

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kylerwyler 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: August 02, 2014 at 11:34 AM / IP Logged  
Hey everyone, it has been a long time since I was in the car audio world so bare with me here.
About 2 years ago I had a 2000 Silverado LS, very basic and easy to learn on. I installed a
mechman 270 amp alt,
big three,
audiocontrol 3.1
pioneer head unit
older blaupunk (sp) 4 channel amp
all new door speakers and added tweeters, (ran new runs of speaker wire
Sundown Saz 2000d amp
sundown Nightshade 18 v2 (derrick from sundown built my custom box to fit where the back seat in my truck was)
so that is basically my equipment and like everyone else I did the trial and error learning thing and it sounded great, I was also 19 and an 18 seemed right at the time haha.
now my problem is I have a new truck now and it is a little of a step up. I still have all my equipment so why not put it back in?
My new truck is a gmc sierra 1500 but it has the factory bose system.
I want to just replace the whole entire thing. Head unit, speakers, add both amps and my sub.
I know that if I have an aftermarket head unit I will need the gm wiring harness to keep my door chimes, and from what I have gathered it just makes replacement more simplistic?
My question (thanks for reading my rambling) - Do I need gm wiring harness if I gut the entire bose system? (head unit speakers and factory amp, take it alllll out)
I know I need it if I just replace the head unit, but if my long term goal is to redo the entire system then id rather not waste the 80$ unless it serves a purpose.
thanks!
kyle
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,666
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: August 03, 2014 at 5:11 PM / IP Logged  
If you want to retain the chime and retained accessory power, then you will need the harness. If you do not care about those 2 things then you will not need it.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic