icon

ignition wire harness

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: August 12, 2014 at 5:38 PM / IP Logged  
Yes but again what alarm R/S are you installing?
linkarmy09 
Member - Posts: 49
Member spacespace
Posted: August 12, 2014 at 5:40 PM / IP Logged  
sorry python 5106
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: August 12, 2014 at 5:42 PM / IP Logged  
Either GREEN/ black factory disarm or GREEN / WHITE factory arm.
linkarmy09 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 12, 2014 at 5:59 PM / IP Logged  

ok so will they both trow a negative signal at the point of arming my alarm. Main reason i as is because i have the relays setup to leave my radio on until door open. So as you all know to activate my remote start i have to leave car running close door and arm. So my realays have no clue that i have actually left the car leaving my stereo on until i open my door.

My idea is to ad an other negative trigger to the relays that can act as if my door was opened to shut the relays down.

on second though that would also make my alarm think my door was opened disableing my remote start!!! Dang lol. Would adding a diode to the door trigger going to the relay prevent this? i think i just confused myself. anybody got any thoughts on this?

howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: August 12, 2014 at 6:13 PM / IP Logged  
I'm confused, go back to Catbacks first answer, you're making this so complicated, also why should the R/S shutdown on opening the door? ignition wire harness - Page 2 -- posted image.
linkarmy09 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 12, 2014 at 6:26 PM / IP Logged  

yea i got my self confused also.

First: so my remote start works fine and it is a manual car so i am required to do the stes to activate my MTS mode to be able to remote start my car. So to enable MTS i have to press remote button, take key off, get out of the car and then lock my car and then it shuts down.

Second: i have the two relays setup to leave my readio on until door open (relay diagram was used from here the12volt). So when i enable MTS im exiting my car while my car is running and then i close my door and the car is still running and then press the remote start button and car shuts down, leaving my MTS mode enabled to remote start. So the car was running with the door closed and then shut down. the relays are still on because after the car shut down the door was not opened anymore leaving my radio on until i open my door again. Hope this helps understand what im trying to solve.

howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: August 12, 2014 at 6:36 PM / IP Logged  
Get rid of the relays. Why is it so important to have the radio running when the R/S is engageds, I know your answer but really?
They can't sit for two minutes with the radio off?
catback 
Silver - Posts: 703
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 13, 2014 at 3:23 AM / IP Logged  
howie ll wrote:
Get rid of the relays. Why is it so important to have the radio running when the R/S is engageds, I know your answer but really?
+1 on this
I also have to expand, if your leaving your family in the car why must and/or would you have the keys and arm the alarm with them in the car? I can understand if only kids are in the car but even in that situation A) You should not set the alarm as people in the car may open a door for a variety of reasons and set off the alarm needlessly, B) Kids should not be left alone in a car, and C) Your car is a manual transmission (gathered from earlier posts) and kids should not be left alone in a running car that has a manual transmission - bad and expensive things can happen in no time at all.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: August 13, 2014 at 5:18 AM / IP Logged  
Catback is 110% right in the last post.
You're trying to gild the lily and in doing do will put your family in a dangerous position.
Never left kids or grandchildren alone in a car until they were about 14 and I'd already given them some basic off road lessons pointing out the dangers.
linkarmy09 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 13, 2014 at 9:24 AM / IP Logged  

I think my first mistake was asking the second questions in the same post because you guys are now gettin the questions confused and i know a good part is my fault for not being able to explain myself.

1-my baby never stays alone in the car my wife is always with her and this is really helpful whenver we dont want to wake up the baby so i can go get something quick, it helps keep the A/C on in the 100 degree weather in Oklahoma.

2- I WOULD RATHER USE THE PIT STOP MODE, LEAVE MY WIFE IN MY CAR WITH A/C RUNNING, DOORS LOCKED. WHY? BECAUSE IF I LEAVE THE KEYS IN AND SOME THUG/DRUG ADDICT SEES THE CAR RUNNING AND NOBODY IN THE DRIVERS SEAT HE CAN JUST OPEN THE DOOR AND DRIVE AWAY WITH MY FAIMILY. Its been done here in OK so i rather have my doors locked. My wife knows she cannot open the doors and if somebody tried to open the door the alarm would go off and car will shut down.

Howie to your comment that i am NOT trying to leave my radio running while R/S is enabled. Im trying to make it shut down when i enable my MTS. The reason why i have the relays is because of the same reason a lot of people use the realays, and if you dont know why people use the realys or dont think they are handy well you can either ask all the other people that use them why! Or take them off the website if they are not useful

Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic