icon

ignition wire harness

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: August 13, 2014 at 9:38 AM / IP Logged  
OK, so let's start again what are you trying to achieve.
I think Catback and myself are somewhat confused here.
linkarmy09 
Member - Posts: 49
Member spacespace
Posted: August 13, 2014 at 9:55 AM / IP Logged  

yea i know and i do apologiese for all the confusion, i like this forum you guys are great at this and always very helpful.

So forget the first issue of the original post that has been solved thank to you guys. Let me give it a try once again to explain at my best. The "radio on until door open relays" are working great and my radio stays on until i open the door. Thing is when enableing my MTS mode (you guys already know the steps) i have to exit my car while it is running so the radio relays have not kicked in. I exit my car, close my door and lock so my alarm arms and shut down my car. The relays do not know about the alarm so they still think someone insisde just turned off the car and the door is closed and will not shut the radio off until door is opened.

You guys with me so far?

howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: August 13, 2014 at 10:02 AM / IP Logged  
OK use either your factory arm or disarm whichever goes NEG when you lock the door, to trigger the relays. Diode separate it from whatever you're using now.
Alternative, 528t timer relay I think can be set for 5 minutes.
Or even more simple, an aux linked to R/S via relay (5 pin)timed say 90 seconds.
Just feed the radio from those sources as well as original source.
linkarmy09 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 13, 2014 at 10:43 AM / IP Logged  

yea fist thing im going to try is the factory arm way since i know where the cable is and it would be just a matter or routing it to the relay and adding a diode. Hopefully i will try this on the weekend.

Once again i wanna thank every one of you guys for all the help. I know you guys have no obligation on doing all of this so it is greatly appreciated. ignition wire harness - Page 3 -- posted image.

catback 
Silver - Posts: 703
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 13, 2014 at 11:34 AM / IP Logged  
If you hooked up the second acc relay as I indicated earlier and executed a proper MTS pit-stop procedure the radio would remain on for the duration of the remote start.
I know what your trying to accomplish and my thoughts are if you love your family and don't trust them to protect themselves in a situation then you shouldn't leave them alone in that situation. A thief that looks for running cars to steal never checks the ignition or door locks first. You family is safer with the car off in those situation because the peep has no clue if the occupants have the keys until they get close.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: August 13, 2014 at 11:35 AM / IP Logged  
True. Better off leaving everything off and doors locked.
When my daughter was a little older she had two VERY protective German Shepherds for company.
At one she or my wife wouldn't have stayed in the car.
linkarmy09 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 13, 2014 at 6:19 PM / IP Logged  

You guys are still mixing the old original post with the last one. At theis point what i am trying to fix is the fact that when i enable MTS mode (example when i get to work if i enable MTS so i can start my car before i leave the building when im ready to go home so my radio stayed on the whole time i was at work right until the time i opened the door.

the second question has nothing do do with the first one but i do see your guys point and i will take in mind however the avility to acomplish what i am trying to do will certenly help in a lot of other situations and the fact that my family does not have to bear in the car in 100+ degree weather is a plus also.

catback 
Silver - Posts: 703
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 14, 2014 at 2:41 AM / IP Logged  
Howie is on point for a solution with his post before last. You have a trigger going to your door to kill your makeshift RAP put a diode in that wire between the door and the makeshift RAP (relay) then connect the factory arm output of the R/S to the makeshift RAP (relay). The factory arm will trigger the "open door" action and the diode will prevent that signal from reaching other parts of the car, remote starter included.
Page of 3

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic