icon

chinese wiring diagram

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
catback 
Silver - Posts: 703
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 13, 2014 at 3:49 AM / IP Logged  
I'd start by look up all the popular made in china brands. You can also look at install guides for different brands and compare colors, function, and harnesses to what you have - different manufacturers will tend to keep a common wiring pinout and/or color scheme in their product line ups.
Reverse engineering the wire functions is best left to an engineer. The process of reverse engineering from scratch is a long and tedious process. I'd rather phone up inwell in china and as them for a installation/wiring manual.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: August 13, 2014 at 5:22 AM / IP Logged  
The nearest is probably Giordion (?) brand.
I spent a surreal hour or so yesterday on the Ali-Baba website, OK boredom and the big (soccer) game hadn't yet started. All the product once you split it up into, GPS, GPS with alarm, security, R/S, R/S with security the different products are all the same.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: August 13, 2014 at 5:29 AM / IP Logged  
Directechs he say use 2013 for 2500 model wait 5 and I'll email the Directwire info. Look in Downloads/Manuals section here under 2013 GMC Sierra.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: August 13, 2014 at 8:56 AM / IP Logged  
Why not oil pressure?
Why would you want tacho?   Well I assume to sense WHEN the engine has started - and that's a threshold setting - ie, not cranking RPM, but above 400 RPM etc.
Air flaps and spark sensing relays operate before then, but detecting the pulse rate of spark or injectors is fine.
The alternator is no good because although generally the charge light extinguishes after the engine starts, it could extinguish during cranking, or have a lag after starting. Or the alternator may be faulty. The same applies to oil pressure & its switch.
The remote start "MUST" know when the engine has started to disengage the cranking/starter-motor signal. With no oil etc or bad alternator, the R/S could continue cranking long after the engine has started. That's not good - the vehicle can burn when noise-awoken neighbours throw their Molotovs.
Yet again an alternative is cranking stop timers, but that is far from ideal.
That's my simple take on the universe and everything.
Now in my humble non-professional and inexperienced opinion, someone that thinks that oil pressure is ok for engine running sensing or remote starts is playing with fire (literally?).
johnnybertone 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: August 13, 2014 at 2:17 PM / IP Logged  
I've gotten a hold of the diagram and its pretty simple. The tach wire DOES NOT wrap
Around any wires. Instead it looks for ~12v to signal the engines running. I could not find a tach wire in my grand Cherokee since the whole instrument cluster is databus based. I instead just tied the tach into an extra (yes extra for whatever reason) 12v supply out of the remote start brain itself. Start right up and stays running every time. Only thing left to do is the door locks and I'll be done. 6 hour job but hey, it's my first r/s install ever, and it's chinese
catback 
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 14, 2014 at 2:59 AM / IP Logged  
howie ll wrote:
Why not oil pressure?
That's my simple take on the universe and everything.
Now in my humble non-professional and inexperienced opinion, someone that thinks that oil pressure is ok for engine running sensing or remote starts is playing with fire (literally?).
I have to wonder who your conversing with, you seem to be talking to yourself. chinese wiring diagram - Page 2 -- posted image.
Your right oil pressure sense is not as good as tach but it's better than voltage sense. It's only for engine running detection not for starter disengagement.
Unless your car is electric, every time you play with your car your playing with fire (internal combustion).
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: August 14, 2014 at 3:03 AM / IP Logged  
Finally, Catback, you slipped up your bottom line should be "your car you're playing".
And no it wasn't by me, I don't have the knowledge.
Someone else taught me and I edited.
Was it the syntax?
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: August 14, 2014 at 3:05 AM / IP Logged  
And I've just realised the Sierra post was from another thread.chinese wiring diagram - Page 2 -- posted image.
catback 
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 14, 2014 at 3:28 AM / IP Logged  
Huh? And I'm tired, plz excuse my mental absence.
johnnybertone 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: August 14, 2014 at 12:05 PM / IP Logged  
So anyway I spent all day finally hooked everything up correctly as per the instructions and what do you know! doodiety Chinese brain fried itself, and took my drivers side lock actuator and lock/unlock switch down with it. chinese wiring diagram - Page 2 -- posted image. chinese wiring diagram - Page 2 -- posted image. chinese wiring diagram - Page 2 -- posted image.
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic