Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
inventour 
Member - Posts: 21
Member spacespace
Posted: August 14, 2014 at 1:02 PM / IP Logged  
It's been a while Ladies & Gentleman,
Here is my situation.
Viper 5906V 2 Way Hd Color Car Alarm Security System Car Remote Start System, is the new Model.
I had the best Viper Alarm system (5904V Maybe?) installed a few years ago, it has the same 4 button LCD 2-way Remote but the older Silver & Black Housing.
I plugged in my LCD Remote to the wrong USB Charger in my Maze of wires at my Docking Station and I hooked-up the old LCD Remote to a 12V. USB charger, cooking the unit. I still have the 5-Button Non-LCD Remote that came with the unit and I'm using that one now until I get a new LCD Remote to replace it.
I believe the new Black SST 4 Button Remote will work with my older system? Anyone confirm this? I could not find a good source to buy just the new Generation SST Remote, I looked on ebay and Amazon.
I read the new Black SST Remote has a slightly larger OLCD Screen, I would like to get this one.
Is it cheaper to buy a whole new 5906V System and remove just the SST Remote to use in my old system, and then sell the new System with just the other Single Non-LCD Remote that comes with it?
Or, is the new System so much better than the older Generation Alarm I should just upgrade the entire system? It's for a 2000 Ford Diesel Truck, I use the remote start all the time and allow the truck to run after driving to cool the turbo for 10 minutes.
Any help would be kind,
All the best, Russ
2000 E350-SS-ExplorerExt-7.3LPSD-3:55LS-AutoMeterPhantomGuages-Pyro-Boost-Tranny+Hobbs-4"SSMagnaFlow 19"SharpLCD-DVD-KVHTrackVision-SAT/NAV-62Gallon/2Tanks-Kenwood9140-Alpine
inventour 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 14, 2014 at 1:55 PM / IP Logged  
I believe the system is from 2009 and the 7901V system.
It must be an easy upgrade just to go for a whole new system,
and then sell my old system with just the 5 button Remote and the broken LCD remote..
They must make re manufactured LCD SST Remotes, or even just the inserts?
2000 E350-SS-ExplorerExt-7.3LPSD-3:55LS-AutoMeterPhantomGuages-Pyro-Boost-Tranny+Hobbs-4"SSMagnaFlow 19"SharpLCD-DVD-KVHTrackVision-SAT/NAV-62Gallon/2Tanks-Kenwood9140-Alpine
inventour 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 14, 2014 at 2:38 PM / IP Logged  
Will the new Color OLED 2-Way Remote work on
the older 7901V 2-Way Remote system, from 2009/2010?
inventour 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 14, 2014 at 3:41 PM / IP Logged  
Well,
A new 5906V remote system (No-Re-Manufactured) was 308.00 shipped
and just the new Remote was 170.00. So for 138.00 I got the rest of a new system.
I will install the new system in my main ride and the old system in a beater car we use. Well worth it to get the 2nd system for the 138.00 to give the beater car a remote start, alarm and all.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic