the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

remote start / stop, 99 lexus rx300

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,781
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 17, 2014 at 11:21 AM / IP Logged  
You will probably need a bypass module, too. The Fortin Key-OverRide-All is a good module and readily available for about $35.
Here is a link to the install guide : http://fortin.ca/download/699/key-override-all_lexus_rx300_(1999).rev-a.pdf
Here is a link to the full Compustar CS800-s Install Guide : http://techfeed.compustar.com/ft_controllers/manuals/CM800_Full_Install_V1.1_EN.pdf
Here are a few resources wiring guide sources :
The 12 Volt : https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/vehicles.html
Bulldog Security : http://www.bulldogsecurity.com/bdnew/vehiclewiringdiagrams.asp
Audiovox : http://techservices.audiovox.com/AccessRequest.aspx    Requires free sign-up.
DEI : http://www.readyremote.com/main.asp
Good luck with the install!
Soldering is fun!
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: August 17, 2014 at 11:26 AM / IP Logged  
Keg I keep trying this link and it brings me back to your post. H.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: August 17, 2014 at 11:30 AM / IP Logged  
Sorry, sorted.
bobster0007 
Member - Posts: 49
Member spacespace
Posted: August 17, 2014 at 12:30 PM / IP Logged  
Thank you for the links. I guess what threw me off was the manual says its for a CM800s and my unit says its a CS800s.
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 17, 2014 at 5:44 PM / IP Logged  
Gotta luv Compustar.  They are referred to as CM800-s and CS800-s pretty much interchangeably.  Then there is the 6000 series ( where they use FT, also ) and the 600 series plus all the Remote Kits...
Soldering is fun!
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: August 17, 2014 at 5:48 PM / IP Logged  
I've been downloading their catalogs (you know why) and I'm soooo confused. remote start / stop, 99 lexus rx300 - Page 2 -- posted image.
You know why.
Can't wait to play with the real thing though.
bobster0007 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 18, 2014 at 5:57 PM / IP Logged  
kreg357 wrote:
Gotta luv Compustar.  They are referred to as CM800-s and CS800-s pretty much interchangeably.  Then there is the 6000 series ( where they use FT, also ) and the 600 series plus all the Remote Kits...
I kinda think maybe they call the control unit a CM800s which is used in the CS800s which is basically an installation kit.
bobster0007 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 18, 2014 at 5:59 PM / IP Logged  
I think i will give up a key instead of buying a bypass unit and the extra work. I only need one key anyway.
kreg357 
Posted: August 18, 2014 at 7:03 PM / IP Logged  

Your choice.  For liability reasons, I always go with a data style bypass module.

You could buy a new un-cut transponder key off EBay for $8 and use this method to program it to the car.

Lexus 1999-2003 RX 300 Key Programming - For NEW UNCUT KEYS

Process works with all keys - remotes, valet, non-remotes

1. Enter the car with a working pre-programmed key and close all doors. Simultaneously depress and release both

the brake and the accelerator pedals.
2. Within 5 seconds, insert the working pre-programmed key into the ignition. DO NOT TURN THE KEY.
3. Within 15 seconds of inserting the ignition key, depress and release the accelerator pedal 5 times.
4. Within 20 seconds, depress and release the brake pedal 6 times.
5  Within 10 seconds, remove the working pre-programed key from the ignition.
6. Within 10 seconds, completely cover the remote head off the pre-programmed key with aluminum foil, hold the
    head of the new unprogrammed and uncut key next to the pre-progammed key head and insert the pre-
    programmed key back into the ignition.
7. Depress and release the accelerator pedal one time. The security light should now begin flashing to indicate that
    the computer is reading the new key and programming the system.
8. Leave the pre-programmed key in the ignition for at least 60 seconds with the new unprogrammed key head still
    next to this covered pre-programmed key head. When the security light stops flashing, the programming process
    should be complete.
9. Test the new, uncut key. Place the pre-programmed key (still covered with the aluminum foil) into the ignition and
    verify that the SUV will not start since the transponder signal cannot be read. Remove the key and place the newly
    programmed uncut key next to the covered pre-programmed key head and insert the cut key into the ignition again.
   Turn the key and see if the SUV starts. If it does the new uncut key has been successfully programmed into the
    vehicle's electronics.

This way you still have two working keys and the key hidden in the car and used with the remote start can't be found

by a thief and used to steal your car.  Of course, $8 for the key and $15 for the "key-in-the-box" universal bypass
module isn't that much less than a data style bypass module, which are more reliable in cold climates.

Soldering is fun!
bobster0007 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 19, 2014 at 8:01 AM / IP Logged  
Thank you for being so helpful. It's refreshing to see so many helpful members. Question, If i just use my spare key, do i still need this ... "key-in-the-box" universal bypass module ? I don't know what that is.
Page of 9

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic