2012 civic remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
shafferny 
Copper - Posts: 240
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 17, 2014 at 7:33 PM / IP Logged  
howie ll wrote:
My favourite. Cut OEM wire, wire to be joined, strip 10mm (c. 3/8) an inch back solder one side of cut wire to the stripped portion, heat shrink then slide a fresh piece of heat shrink over then butt joint soldered to other end of cut OEM wire and last slide and heat the heat shrink over that last joint.
I think I used that method when I botched one of my early installs. I used a low wattage soldering iron on a 12ga ignition wire. I melted the insulation before I could manage to flow the solder. Long story sort, I ended up replacing a section of the ignition harness by using this method.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,781
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 17, 2014 at 7:50 PM / IP Logged  

I like the Compustar to beep the horn on the second lock press.  I usually end up using the Compustar remote

all the time and like that audible feedback ( especially for a PitStop ).

Here is the info on the Trunk Release fro Audiovox :

Trunk Release  GREEN  (+)  @ MICU MODULE AT REAR OF INTERIOR FUSE BOX, UNDER DRIVERS SIDE OF DASH
Be real careful when probing for this wire.  Try to get a better location ( Plug & Pin ) and only use a DMM.  Honda's
have been known to have a major BCM failure when testing for this wire ( usually in Accord's ).

Soldering is fun!
shafferny 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 17, 2014 at 8:05 PM / IP Logged  
That's scary! Maybe I'll leave well enough alone and not mess with it. :-)
shafferny 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 17, 2014 at 8:24 PM / IP Logged  
FWIW, I came across Kenny's write-up for the '07. That should help somewhat. Might not be 100% dead-on with the 2012, but it should be similar.
2007 Honda Civic
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,781
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 17, 2014 at 9:13 PM / IP Logged  
Yes, Kenny has a nice photo of the (+) Trunk Release wire.  As you can see, there are several green wires in that bundle.  The correct one is slightly paler green and has two silver hash marks on it.  Of course the 2007 is an 8th gen and your 2012 is a 9th gen model, so it might look different.
Soldering is fun!
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: August 18, 2014 at 1:28 AM / IP Logged  
I have to admit that getting to wires on that box on gen 7/8/9 are all PITA.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic