icon

avtial 5103 dball 2010 f150

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jbp1988 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: August 18, 2014 at 6:51 AM / IP Logged  
Ok guys I'm new here I don't even know if I'm posting this in the right place but I need help lol I have put in many of these but this is my first time with a truck that has a key sense wire soo I got it all hooked up but it won't start it will turn everything on but no start I can even slid the key in and then hit the button and it will start soo I'm lost its a avital 5103 with the dball 2 goin on a 2010 f150 lariat screw cab so I know there are some wires not hooked up obviously but what wire and how?
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 18, 2014 at 9:04 PM / IP Logged  

Slightly hard to interrupt without punctuation but...

If the remote start will start the engine when a working key is in the ignition ( but not turned ), it sounds like a bypass

problem.   That also means that most of the remote starter ignition wires are properly powered and connected.

A few questions :

1.  Is the DB-ALL2 flashed with the 402.FORD1 v2.06 firmware?
2.  Did the DB-ALL2 program properly?
3.  Does the truck have a Factory Alarm system?

Basically, the DB-ALL2 is only a transponder bypass.  Type 1 install is for trucks without the Factory Alarm system.

Very straight forward vehicle but remember that the DB-ALL2 install diagram does not show all the necessary
remote starter wiring.  The Type 2 diagram adds the necessary wiring to turn off the Factory Alarm system during
a remote start and door unlock.  The DB-ALL2 sends a pulse out on the Keysense, Accessory and Ignition wires
along with a transponder bypass to turn off the Factory Alarm. 

It might be a good idea to list all of your wiring connections.   Something like this :

Avital 5103          2010 F150
H/1 PURPLE STARTER OUTPUT  (STARTER SIDE) blue/white  @ ignition switch, black 7 pin plug, pin 7
H/2 GREEN STARTER INPUT (KEY SIDE)    blue/white  @ ignition switch, black 7 pin plug, pin 7
H/3 RED (+) (30A) HIGH CURRENT 12V INPUT         red (30A) +  BCM in passenger kick, black 32 pin plug (D)
H/4 ORANGE OUTPUT TO ACCESSORY CIRCUIT   PURPLE / green  +  ignition switch, black 7 pin plug, pin 6
H/5 PINK OUTPUT TO PRIMARY IGNITION CIRCUIT   WHITE/ orange  +  ignition switch, black 7 pin plug, pin 1
H/6 RED (+) (30A) HIGH CURRENT 12V INPUT         blue/red (30A) +  BCM in passenger kick, black 32 pin plug (D)
H/7 PINK/WHITE OUTPUT FLEX        not used ( could be for Keysense )
H/8 RED / WHITE (+) (30A) HIGH CURRENT 12V INPUT        red (30A) +  BCM in passenger kick, black 32 pin plug (D)

Knowing your current wiring will better enable us to assist you.

Soldering is fun!
jbp1988 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 18, 2014 at 10:33 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks a lot for the info kreg! I'll try to post all that when I get more time but I tryed again tonite with the bypass and it is not programming to the truck so when I ordered it I don't think they put they flashed the firmware on there like they said they would so I'm thinkin now it's the bypass and as far as I no I don't have a factory alarm it just had the factory keyless entree how would I no for sure ?
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 19, 2014 at 5:54 AM / IP Logged  

There is no way of knowing which firmware is flashed on the DB-ALL1 without using the XKLoader2 cable.  You might

try to find a local shop ( or BestBuy ) and see if they will check / flash the bypass module for you.  Bring Doughnuts
or something to grease the way.  avtial 5103 dball 2010 f150 - Last Post -- posted image.

Here is a link to the current DB-ALL2 Install Guide : 

http://www.xpresskit.com/DocumentDownload.aspx?documentid=9309&productid=553&firmwareid=5272

Type 1 is the standard install method for trucks without the Factory Alarm.  Type 2 is for those with the Factory Alarm.

I did a few 2010 XLT's when new and none had the Factory Alarm.  The easy way to test is to roll down the drivers
window, turn off the engine, get out, shut all the doors, press Lock on the Factory FOB then wait 2 minutes.  After
two or so minutes, reach in and open the drivers door with the inside handle.  If the horn starts beeping, you have
the Factory Alarm.  At this point you must follow the DB-ALL2's directions on Page 6 to determine the correct
wiring for the DB-ALL2 as shown on the Type 2 install guide.

If no Factory Alarm, Keysense is not required.  Just follow the Type 1 diagram.

Soldering is fun!
jbp1988 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 19, 2014 at 10:15 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks again for all the help I got it working it's was the status wire not hooked up I didn't hook it up bc the manual said not to if hooked D2D so I didn't but somthing told me to try it so I did and it worked thanks a lot!
riceroni87 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2015 at 2:00 PM / IP Logged  
Im getting an intkey cannot be programmed. i did type 1 with t harness

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic