remote start viper 554r

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mike leiter 
Member - Posts: 42
Member spacespace
Posted: October 17, 2014 at 12:18 PM / IP Logged  
catback wrote:
I would rewire it to the shock sensor but first verify the shock sensor can not set off the alarm during a remote start. Just putting a diode won't change anything if the 506T is triggering. Have to either use a sensor port that the 5303 ignores during a remote start or otherwise bypass the sensor during a remote start.
My alarm states that off the Shock sensor port the blue and green wires will both report zone two if triggered.
DEI 506T directions is showing alarm system that reports zones 2 and 4 off these wires or on board shock sensor from further look for rewiring.
*Adding a 506T to a DEI system that has an external shock sensor and reports separate zones on the shock sensor port
OR
Adding a 506T to a DEI system with a shock sensor port and an on-board shock sensor
So rewiring would still report both as zone 2 on my system then? I'm fine with that as long as they both set alarm off on that incident.
Currently alarm does not trigger on remote start with the Double Guard Stinger Shock Sensor. Its set pretty sensitive too and I can kick running boards and tires that usually set it off when not RS running and just armed.
catback 
Silver - Posts: 703
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 17, 2014 at 1:26 PM / IP Logged  
Yes, you can wire it to the shock sensor port and just have both triggering zone 2. Just be aware that your canopy will be unprotected for the entire remote start duration or whenever the shock sensor is ignoRED / bypassed.
mike leiter 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 17, 2014 at 1:56 PM / IP Logged  
catback wrote:
Yes, you can wire it to the shock sensor port and just have both triggering zone 2. Just be aware that your canopy will be unprotected for the entire remote start duration or whenever the shock sensor is ignoRED / bypassed.
Thanks again and I1ll think about it more over the weekend and see what way I need to go. Have to leave for DC in a few hours so cant mess with anymore till Tues.
At least I will have 90% of it done and worked out now and appreciate all the help with old system and the swap over to new one.
mike leiter 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 22, 2014 at 1:06 PM / IP Logged  
Have a question on this rear glass break sensor. Looking at the old Viper 554R I had before.
This 506T sensor was connected via the constant pos + wire to sensor red, blue to the blue (-) Multiplexed Input Zone 4 output H1/6 and black to ground.
Never had a issue with alarm sounding on RS
The Avital 5303 was installed the exact same way on same exact wires constant pos + wire to sensor red, blue to the blue (-) Multiplexed Input Zone 4 output H1/6 and black to ground.
Why would 5303 system trigger this zone 4 while 554R will not under same wiring. The two systems were pretty much wire for wire swap except for the relay ribbon cables which design change made for wiring changes.
I dont mind losing arming for this zone as mentioned on rewire above on RS but would like to keep if at all possible. Just dont know why one would trigger and the other wouldn't.
I do have more wire coming this week as well as a few diodes in case I need to do some adjusting.
Page of 10

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic