icon

remote start viper 554r

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
catback 
Silver - Posts: 703
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 16, 2014 at 2:29 AM / IP Logged  
Starter Kill/Anti-Grind is built-in to the XCRS.
Never tap into the ribbon cable between module and satellite relay pack, the XCRS should have a connector devoted to the connection of additional relays.
For the PKALL, the ignition source is the same as Ignition 1 (DB/LG). For (-) when running, you can use H3/5 Blue/White or the blue status on the auxiliary connector of the XCRS.
mike leiter 
Member - Posts: 42
Member spacespace
Posted: October 16, 2014 at 6:39 AM / IP Logged  
catback wrote:
Starter Kill/Anti-Grind is built-in to the XCRS.
Never tap into the ribbon cable between module and satellite relay pack, the XCRS should have a connector devoted to the connection of additional relays.
For the PKALL, the ignition source is the same as Ignition 1 (DB/LG). For (-) when running, you can use H3/5 Blue/White or the blue status on the auxiliary connector of the XCRS.
Thanks for the reply and I actually got it figured out much later night and wanted to edit post but not allowed. On a second look of feed wires I passed over that the satellite relay pack had the secondary 4 wire feed coming off it for additional Ignition, Accessory, Starter and status outputs. I was mainly focused on the main brain box feeds and admittedly missed this until I looked at ALL supplied harness wires again. Got the lines soldered to leeds to the 2 relays and they are ready to go in today.
The PKALL I was mainly wondering best feed for the (-) when running line and was pretty sure on the ignition one.
Thanks for verifying and the info and hopefully will have this in today. Just need to power up these relays above and the one for dome light supervision and then get all of it cleaned up and tacked up.
Thanks again and glad to have a remote start system installed/working again.
mike leiter 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 16, 2014 at 11:35 AM / IP Logged  
Alarm part works great and locks/unlocks and glass and dual stage detectors work as well as siren chirps and light flash
Well got it all wired in and set the PKALL up and when got to remote start activate it just rang the remote with the icon and remote start safety shutdown icon flashing.
I have all the relays wired as such
New Avital System has the DEI XCRS 500M I'm hooking up as follows
2 Reds each to 12V Positive --------------Light GREEN/ Blue
RED / White------------------------------------Yellow
Purple-STARTER SIDE---------------------------RED / Light blue starter
Green--KEY SIDE-------------------------------RED / Light Blue Starter
Pink--Ign 1----------------------------------Dark Blue/Light Green
Pink/White Ign 2-----------------------------RED / Black
Orange--Acc Heater Blower-------------------Gray / YELLOW
I wired the aux relays as follows.
4 Pin lead off the DEI XCRS 500M
1st Relay
Used the Orange (-) 200ma 2nd accessory to relay 85
Constant 12v to 86 and 87
Orange out 30pin to   Accessory 2 line BLACK/ Lt Green
2nd Relay
Used the pink (-)200ma 3rd ignition output to 85
Constant 12V to 86 and 87
Pink/White out 30 pin to Ignition 3 Lt Blue/Pink. This is the with rear ABS line only.
These secondary relays here were hooked up in last system so I transferred to here and found note that some model F150 need them powered. I tried without powered and same result.
Brake switch lines are hooked up and no hood switch hooked up or kill switch put in line. Both are terminated at the moment with no ground possibilities. I have checked all power lines coming in and they test voltage as well as making sure all grounds are good. The Neutral safety line was not used before in old systems so not used in this system as that or kill switch.
Any suggestions on what to look for that would cause a safety shutdown. All the alarm parts of system work fine but its just the remote start side not responding.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: October 16, 2014 at 11:40 AM / IP Logged  
Ground the neutral safety line.
Is the kill switch on a separate plug? If so plug in and turn on.
mike leiter 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 16, 2014 at 12:45 PM / IP Logged  
howie ll wrote:
Ground the neutral safety line.
Is the kill switch on a separate plug? If so plug in and turn on.
I grounded out the Neutral safety line and truck tried to remote start this time turning over instantly.
I do not have the kill switch installed in the system. The old one didn't so I didn't on this one. I probably should for safety reasons since I just had major motor work done.
Truck would not start although it turned over. Placed key in the ignition and tried RS and it fired right up. Started with key and did valet takeover so no issues. I may just have to keep playing with the PKALL to get activated so it stores the key code.
Old system needed every key I had when programing Pats bypass and this one say it only needs 1 to program?
Thanks for the help Howie II and I almost have it done and much better knowledge with this stuff now.
Thanks again for all the help.
mike leiter 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 16, 2014 at 5:43 PM / IP Logged  
Success and another question.
The PKALL programing got done and system remotes starts fine now. Alarm turns on/off and arms and light flashes with chirps. Only problem is if system is armed and I remote start it triggers the alarm right away. It didn't do this on the old system and not sure if its the dual stage or canopy glass break or current draw setting it off now. Any hints on what to look at?
catback 
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 17, 2014 at 2:16 AM / IP Logged  
What sensors do you have and where are they connected?
Factory alarm?
Does the truck run (remote start) with the alarm going off or does the alarm going off stop remote start dead in it's tracks?
What zone does the alarm indicate as being violated?
mike leiter 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 17, 2014 at 7:59 AM / IP Logged  
catback wrote:
Factory alarm?
Does the truck run (remote start) with the alarm going off or does the alarm going off stop remote start dead in it's tracks?
*-Its running the dual stage sensor in the front that came with the system
*-I have a ARE Z series cover on the back of the truck. Lots of glass so they had installed a glass break/ sound sensor in the back with old system. It has a box with a small mic on a short cable. It has lines that run to the front of the truck and tied into + constant power on red line and then the blue to the blue (-) Multiplexed Input Zone 4 output H1/6 and black to ground. I tied it into new system the exact same way.
*-No factory alarm system installed. I`m the only owner and bought on order and didn't have the silver or gold series systems installed when purchased.
*-The truck WILL remote start with the alarm going off. Its the remote start activation that starts the alarm siren going off
*- System disarms with 4 chirps and remote is showing trunk lid area. I believe it may be the zone 4 sensor for canopy glass break.
*- I have noticed that under disarmed status that the led flashes a slow constant pattern. Its one flash every 2 seconds until I put key in ignition and clear.
mike leiter 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 17, 2014 at 9:52 AM / IP Logged  
mike leiter wrote:
catback wrote:
Factory alarm?
*-Its running the dual stage sensor in the front that came with the system
*-I have a ARE Z series cover on the back of the truck. Lots of glass so they had installed a glass break/ sound sensor in the back with old system. It has a box with a small mic on a short cable. It has lines that run to the front of the truck and tied into + constant power on red line and then the blue to the blue (-) Multiplexed Input Zone 4 output H1/6 and black to ground. I tied it into new system the exact same way.
*-No factory alarm system installed. I`m the only owner and bought on order and didn't have the silver or gold series systems installed when purchased.
*-The truck WILL remote start with the alarm going off. Its the remote start activation that starts the alarm siren going off
*- System disarms with 4 chirps and remote is showing trunk lid area. I believe it may be the zone 4 sensor for canopy glass break.
*- I have noticed that under disarmed status that the led flashes a slow constant pattern. Its one flash every 2 seconds until I put key in ignition and clear.
Canopy has quick disconnects for anything that runs into it for easy removal. There are ones for the 3rd brake light, canopy interior light, power lock on rear glass and the Glass break detector.
I disconnected the rear glass break from alarm side and locked and remote started the alarm and no trigger of siren this time. So its definitely the glass break detector and how it must be installed in this system
Upon more research it is a older style clear box early version DEI 506T.
The new versions of the 506T show when wired like I have to a instant trigger input need a 1-amp diode 1N4004 on the line heading towards the Glass break. My wiring does not have it wired with one in line and may not have been required with the older version?
So should update with diode or rewire in line with the interior sensor?
I see a option for adding a 506T to a DEI system with a shock sensor port and an on-board shock sensor. Option 2 on page
506T
catback 
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 17, 2014 at 11:00 AM / IP Logged  
I would rewire it to the shock sensor but first verify the shock sensor can not set off the alarm during a remote start. Just putting a diode won't change anything if the 506T is triggering. Have to either use a sensor port that the 5303 ignores during a remote start or otherwise bypass the sensor during a remote start.
Page of 10

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic