icon

2010 town and country precision 500 alarm

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
spartacus12.lg 
Member - Posts: 38
Member spacespace
Posted: August 22, 2014 at 1:25 PM / IP Logged  
i am installing a scytek precision 500 alarm on a 2010 chrysler town and country van. I hooked up everything according to the the ol-mdb-all bypass module diagram. (bench wired everything before installation.   The only thing I had left was the can wires and the wires going to each side of the ignition key harness, the mux wire and the door trigger wire. I also had the two 12volt wires going to the battery and the siren and hood trigger wires going to the engine compartment.   I hooked up everything but could not get the bypass light to turn on. the only thing i am getting is a faint whistle/chirp from the alarm. am i missing something?
http://cdncontent2.idatalink.com/corporate/Content/Manuals/DL-CH4/OL-AL(MDB)-CH4-EN_20140714.pdf
spartacus12
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 22, 2014 at 2:50 PM / IP Logged  

There are a few things you can check / verify.

1.)  Verify that the OL-AL(MDB) bypass module is flashed with the correct firmware for your van.  It should be

OL-AL(MDB)-CH4-EN.  There should be a white sticker on the box indicating what was flashed at the Factory
       prior to shipment.  If you have the ADS USB cable and flahed it yourself, ignore #1.
2.)  You didn't mention if you wired it as D2D or W2W.  I am not a SkyTek user, so I don't know if they are D2D
       capable / compatible with the OL-AL(MDB)-CH4-EN firmware.   If you wired it as W2W, it doesn't matter, it
       will work, just make sure to set the Installation Mode correctly ( either Data or Standard ) as shown on Page 7
       prior to vehicle programming.
3.)  There are two Pictorials on this van.  One using the ADS AL(DL) CH4 with early Firmware in W2W mode and one
       using an EVO-ALL in W2W mode on the slightly different, newer style van.  They show the important vehicle
       wires and could assist in verifying your connections.   https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp?tid=130163

Soldering is fun!
spartacus12.lg 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 22, 2014 at 3:43 PM / IP Logged  
i wired it w2w and did it just like the pictorial. i tried the programing instructions it did blink twice green for w2w but i dont think i confirmed it in time and the light went red and now i cant get it to blink green again
spartacus12
spartacus12.lg 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 22, 2014 at 3:46 PM / IP Logged  
according to the box the firmware is ch4 2.5.
spartacus12
spartacus12.lg 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 22, 2014 at 4:04 PM / IP Logged  
if i do a factory reset will it erase the firmware
spartacus12
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 22, 2014 at 4:14 PM / IP Logged  

No.  The flashed firmware will remain intact.

Try starting the programming process over again, starting with a Factory Reset.  Then select  & lock in Standard Mode ( 2 blinks ).  Next connect the rest of the harnesses and do the final programming step with the key and the Unlock button.

Version 2.5 is a little out of date ( it will still work ) and uses a different install guide.  The correct guide number might also be on that white sticker.  If it isn't, try comparing the guide you used to Guide # 8514.     http://cdncontent2.idatalink.com/corporate/Content/Manuals/DL-CH4/OL-AL(MDB)-CH4_20120227.pdf

Soldering is fun!
spartacus12.lg 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 22, 2014 at 5:02 PM / IP Logged  
Hey kreg357 thanks for the info. your link did not work though. I got the module programmed and the van starts the hatch feature opens the hatch but when i tried to arm it the alarm would just go off so i disconnected the rearm wire to the door trigger and that got the alarm working but the door locks still do not work. I'm wondering if it would be ok to just wire the door lock wires direct to the vehicle instead of to the bypass module with the proper resistors?
spartacus12
kreg357 
Posted: August 22, 2014 at 6:11 PM / IP Logged  

Sorry about the link.  Try this one and type in the guide number ( 8514 ) in the Search Guide Number box.  http://www.omegaweblink.com/support   Don't think there are any wiring changes but its best to double check.

Anyway, as per the guide, you should have only the (-) Lock and (-) Unlock outputs from the scytek precision 500 alarm hardwired to the indicated wires on the bypass module.   Did Step 6 of the vehicle programming work properly?

And yes, you could use relays and resistors ( or a DEI 451M module ) to wire directly to the one-wire door lock system but I don't believe that will control the factory alarm ( if equipped ).

Soldering is fun!
spartacus12.lg 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 22, 2014 at 7:41 PM / IP Logged  
Hey no worries about the link i really appreciate your help. As for the wiring it appears to be the same. I reprogrammed the module and it does the same thing the doors will not lock or unlock. I am wondering if maybe i should have wired the door locks differently. here is what the install guide says.
pin 1 VIOLET: Lock and unlock common inputpin 2 BROWN: Unlock Normally Closedpin 3 BLUE:Unlock Outputpin 4 WHITE: Lock Normally Closedpin 5 GREEN: Lock Outputpin 6 N.APlug-in Connectors
what do you think?
spartacus12
kreg357 
Posted: August 22, 2014 at 8:19 PM / IP Logged  

It would appear that the SkyTek R/S has built in lock relays.  Pin 1 supplies the source output polarity.  The bypass module

wants to see a (-) signal so Pin 1 is connected to Chassis Ground.   The wiring listed below should make the locks work.

pin 1 VIOLET: Lock and unlock common input pin        Connect to Chassis Ground

pin 2 BROWN: Unlock Normally Closed          not used - insulate
pin 3 BLUE:Unlock Output      to bypass Blue/Black Unlock/DisArm Input
pin 4 WHITE: Lock Normally Closed    not used - insulate
pin 5 GREEN: Lock Output     to bypass GREEN/ Black Lock/Arm Input
pin 6 N.APlug-in Connectors   not used

Soldering is fun!
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic