icon

2010 town and country precision 500 alarm

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
spartacus12.lg 
Member - Posts: 38
Member spacespace
Posted: August 23, 2014 at 6:13 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the info that took care of the locking and unlocking but it is only locking and unlocking the drivers side of the van? do you think this could be a programming issue?
spartacus12
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 23, 2014 at 8:52 PM / IP Logged  

Strange symptoms.  I've never seen that before with the CH4 firmware. 

The SkyTek sends the lock & unlock signals to the bypass module.  The bypass module takes those commands and outputs them on the CAN Bus.  For the Unlock, it probably is giving you "progressive unlock", so try doing and second Unlock within 3 seconds of the first to see if the rest of the van unlocks.  The Lock should do all doors and hatch plus set the Factory alarm ( if present ) with one press.

Soldering is fun!
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: August 24, 2014 at 4:24 AM / IP Logged  
What colour Skytek wire did you connect to the module?
spartacus12.lg 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 24, 2014 at 5:31 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks keg 37 I tried that but still only the drivers side unlocks. ( driver and sliding door d/s) howie II, I hooked up the green and blue wires to the module and the purple to ground. I've been looking through the install manual online but have not found anything yet.
spartacus12
spartacus12.lg 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 24, 2014 at 5:40 PM / IP Logged  
Sorry kreg 357 for the misspell. The alarm has a factory set to unlock all doors and it also has a 1 and 3 second pulse setting. I will try to reset to factory setting to see if that works.
spartacus12
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: August 24, 2014 at 5:44 PM / IP Logged  
Actually some confusion here, I meant door open trigger NOT locks then I realised that the CAN module should take care of that. The fact that the alarm triggers when you arm it makes me think there's there's a faulty door/hood/tailgate trigger on the vehicle.
As for the locks, try setting the alarm to double pulse. Alternatively try wiring directly from the alarm via the relevant resistors and programming for double pulse unlock.
spartacus12.lg 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 24, 2014 at 6:05 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks howie II I already took care of the trigger problem and will try the programming.   Thanks for the info.
spartacus12
spartacus12.lg 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 25, 2014 at 10:47 AM / IP Logged  
The double pulse was set on the alarm and that took care of the unlocking as follows: press the unlock and the drivers side unlocks then a second later the passengers unlock. The van makes a faint ping sound when it is turned on. dont know if this is normal or if it is caused by something in the alarm hookup.
spartacus12
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: August 25, 2014 at 10:51 AM / IP Logged  
Fuel pump primer? You're outside the vehicle normally you wouldn't hear it from inside.
spartacus12.lg 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 25, 2014 at 11:55 AM / IP Logged  
this is inside and it sounds like its the alarm. but what does that mean as far as the fuel pump primer?
spartacus12
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic